Jackson with some pointed comments following the game
by wearendhockey (2022-11-12 11:37:16)

“I don’t want us playing stupid. I thought we took some bad penalties tonight. We got out of control tonight — I’ll deal with that. I’ve got to start benching guys for some of the penalties we’re taking."

Frankly, he also needs to "bench" whoever is coaching the special teams as well. Only 9 teams are worse than Notre Dame at killing penalties and we've taken more penalties than all but 6 teams in the NCAA. The combination of selfish, lazy or stupid play leading to so many penalties combined with a horrible effort on the PK gives us literally no room for error.

The players seem to believe they have more talent than they've shown through 11 games. Many of us were hopeful that between the new freshmen and a couple of the transfers into the program we'd be a pretty good team this year. Most of whatever "media" make up the polling "elite" also believed Notre Dame to be a top-10 team overall, and a top-2 team in the conference.

If the players hope to prove they and the media were right, they better start showing it, and showing it soon. How about finding a way to stay out of the box tonight, and put a few goals on the board? Because right now I see a program that is way beyond stale and actually looks like it is covered in mold.

Tonight would be a good time to turn it around.....
by Wolfetone  (2022-11-12 13:47:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Soon it will be a lost season....