As important as the outcome, the effort tonight was also
by wearendhockey (2022-11-12 20:45:36)

impressive. They got to loose pucks, didn't get trapped in their own end like last night spent a lot less time in the box than normal. Bishel was also impressive. Even with the 2 goal hole they dug in the first period, they did not play that poorly in the opening frame.

Still not happy that a win playing actual (albeit 3X3) hockey only counts as part of a win as far as the pairwise, but at least it's the same for everyone.

Rolston poked the puck away from McCroarty on breakaway...
by Wolfetone  (2022-11-13 09:23:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In OT......And we went back down and scored off a UM player....

That Rolston poke was elite *
by DakotaDomer  (2022-11-14 15:44:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So we get more than a tie but less than a win?
by DakotaDomer  (2022-11-12 21:19:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never know how these get counted in RPI

by NYNDBLUE  (2022-11-12 21:56:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regulation Win 3 Points
OT/Shootout Win 2 Points
OT/Shootout Loss 1 Point

For Pairwise, I think it counts like a 0.55 win *
by zahm82  (2022-11-12 23:05:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ugh - again I say
by DakotaDomer  (2022-11-13 06:46:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why have this stupid 3x3 OT if it doesn’t actually mean anything?

Just to muddy the responses further
by ndmd99  (2022-11-13 08:50:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last year the OTW/OTL weighting was .55/.45 but it didn't change anything. So the weighting this year is 2/3 (.67) for OTW and 1/3 (.33) for OTL.

The weighting only applies to RPI (which leads to its effect on PWR). For H2H and common opponent PWR comparisons we got a full win last night.

Shootouts have no effect on PWR. If there's no winner after 3v3 OT, then it ends up a tie (essentially 0.5 win for both teams) for RPI, H2H, and common opponent. Shootouts are used to determine tournament/conference rankings.

Well I like this a lot better
by DakotaDomer  (2022-11-14 15:42:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And not just because it currently benefits us.

I agree with the below that this is a step in the right direction.

I suppose the .67/.33 split is a step in the right direction
by wearendhockey  (2022-11-13 11:12:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the rules being what they are and everyone who takes the ice knows what those rules are, the 3X3 OT should count as a full win for the Pairwise. At least the boost you get in the H2H counts as a full win, but since the RPI is so paramount now in the calculations it still should be a full win

Let the conference standings reflect a lesser win in minutes 61-65 than in the first 60 if you must, but I can see no reason, other than the coaches almost universally HATE the 3X3 OT, that these OT wins should not count as a full win. Until the last 2 years the pairwise score always reflected a full win for one that you earned in the OT.