That's why I don't think this season was a disaster
by nihilist in golf pants (2023-03-24 22:43:54)

In reply to: Good lord +22 *  posted by DakotaDomer

I've been watching Gopher hockey for over 40 years and I don't think I've ever seen a better team. Ohio State and Michigan are potential final four teams, and Penn State can play with anyone on a good night. Hell, I think Michigan State was a pretty good team based on the games I watched.

Each weekend, I'd look at ND's limited offense, and think of how lucky we would be to get a split. Yet we accomplished that most weekends. The Irish played fairly disciplined defense, but were clearly not one of the top 3 teams in the B10.

The first two days of the tournament verified two things
by wearendhockey  (2023-03-25 15:40:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for me.

One, the Big Ten was that good this season, so Notre Dame hanging around as a tournament or near tournament team despite being basically no better than a .500 team all year seems to make sense. Our mediocre team was probably a lot better than plenty of teams in HE, the NCHC, CCHA and ECAC with winning records. And two, we really better be seriously thinking of ways to upgrade our offense. It's one thing if one Big Ten team goes off and pounds the living crap out of someone in the tournament, but when OSU and PSU are doing it too, we better be finding ways to become an offensive threat.

It's criminal Bischel didn't win the Richter
by ndmd99  (2023-03-25 09:05:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you're spot on with B10 hockey. MSU looks to be a problem going forward. Nightingale is a good coach. And he can recruit. Even the perennial doormat in WI can turn things around overnight if they get a good hire (recruitiing/talent was never Grant's problem).

One Richter award finalist gave up 6 goals to PSU. Here’s
by zahm82  (2023-03-26 00:42:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hoping OSU scores in bunches tomorrow against the other finalist even though I hate rooting for the Suckeyes !