Former NTDP and played w/ Slaggert on 2021 USA Gold WJC team
by ndmd99 (2023-03-30 09:45:14)

In reply to: His production really dropped off his senior season last  posted by zahm82

Don't know much about him, but given the above I'm guessing (hoping) his speed/skating isn't a problem (which was an issue with last year's transfers).

And maybe he can start prepping the team/recruits for Leaman taking over the reins after JJ decides it's time to ride off into the sunset.

It's an interesting move roster-wise. As it currently strands, he makes 10F for next year (Slaggert, both Janickes, Carpenter, Strand, Bjork, Silianoff, Jovanovic, Williams, and Moynihan). So looks like there are 5 spots for freshmen.

I'd say Knuble/Ali/Fleming are locks. I've seen both 23/24 and 24/25 predictions for Danny Nelson, but he signed his LOI last Fall which makes me think he's coming next year. Which leaves 1 remaining spot.

Davis may be the fifth. Think he ages out of juniors. And I don't recall ever seeing an announcement of him signing a LOI (which makes me think he might be a walk-on and needed to balance out scholarships limits).

Graham Slaggert spent a year in USHL after the NTDP. Think Carter could benefit from the same path to see some better ice time.

I watched a couple Lincoln Star games recently. Thought Larrigan looked better than his scoring numbers appear. He has speed. And he and Ali are the top 2 forwards on Lincoln's USHL-best PK unit. So he could probably help us next year, but looking like the decision was to have him stay in USHL 1 more year and bring in Moynihan instead.