This post troubles me.
by AFA91 (2011-09-14 10:37:11)

In reply to: This is really a terrible shame  posted by ACross

We know that the problem with the football programme has virtually nothing to do with Kelly. He's just one of the latest symptoms. It is all about the corrupt, nefarious, cowardly, arrogant leadership of the institution. We know that this is a battle to the death for the soul of the institution. That battle must be fought with holy anger and unrelenting intensity.

I am an outsider - look at my handle. I care enough about this - stupid, I know - that it makes me hit things and cry in private. As an outsider, however, my ways and means to fight that battle are relatively limited. I hope and pray that powerful alumni with relatively efficacious means can do more.

You are obviously one of the right-minded alumni in at least some position to make a difference - the kind of difference that an outsider can never make. In this an other recent posts, you seem to be losing some of your anger and vigour - dare I say some of your will to win this battle. That deeply troubles me.

It's out of our hands.
by Bruno95  (2011-09-14 10:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both the choices the school makes and what happens to the team.

You tell me -- how angry were you, really, on Saturday night? I slept just fine.

I was at my twenty-year USAFA reunion.
by AFA91  (2011-09-14 10:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Admittedly I slept well, but I was understandably preoccupied.

I did get to watch USAFA lay a rotten egg on the field against TCU. It was horrible. TCU responded to its loss to Baylor by manhandling USAFA, and the game was never in doubt.

I'll see USAFA play a second time this year, at ND. I know that transitive properties don't apply in college football; however, if ND fails to take care of business against the team I just saw roll over and play dead against TCU - if USAFA pulls off some sort of "spunky, spirited service-academy" win against ND this year - I'll draw conclusions anyway.

BTW, the reunion was fantastic.

I was up to 3 AM. I swore I wouldn't tune in next Saturday.
by OldIrishFan  (2011-09-14 10:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will probably watch next Saturday. A calm and well reasoned post from ACROSS is much appreciated. He has a lot to offer. Apathy is not an answer. The Letter from the Willingham years, although deprecated by the Administarion did get noticed. Keep fighting for the University that I graduated from in 1981.