Great Moments in Domer Dating History
by DomerJD (2006-02-14 21:27:37)

In honor of St Valentine.....
What was the most ridiculous, most awkward, most horrifyingly embarassing (yet amusing) moment in your dating life?

This is my story. I think it might be the absolute low point in the history of gender relations at Notre Dame.

My freshman year I was set up on a blind date for an SYR. The guy was a sophomore, and I met him for the first time when he picked me up for the dance. Within about five minutes I determined that 1) we had absolutely nothing in common and 2) I was not attracted to him at all, and it was fairly obvious that he felt the same way. A long night stretched ahead, so we both opted for the obvious solution to this problem: Get totally plastered.
So numerous Natty Lights are consumed, and madness ensues. I decide that it would be a totally awesome idea to make out with this guy, obviously since I have no interest in ever speaking to him again- so why not make it as awkward as humanly possible when I run into him in the dining hall in the future.
So, he squires me to the computer lab in his dorm. You read that correctly-- THE COMPUTER LAB. Sweet. Then, he proceeds to drop his pants. That's right-- He fully dropped trou.
And then, he proceeds to deliver what will forever stand as the absolute worst pickup line I have ever heard:
"So, looks like my pants fell down. What are you going to do about it?"
What did I do, you ask? I did what any seventeen year old (yep, not even legal) Catholic-schoolgirl virgin would do in that situation:
I cowered in the corner, and then I got the hell out of dodge.

Two years later, I was relating this story to a friend of mine, who I didn't know when this happened- and she stared at me in disbelief and said, "Wait a minute-- that was YOU?" She went to SMC, but had still heard this story somehow. Awesome.

It's also worth noting that I ran into the offending pantsdropper at a tailgate several years ago, and we had a good laugh about the whole thing.

Replies: