Not a prank, but ...
by DeBo (2005-11-09 01:07:25)

In reply to: your greatest campus prank?  posted by FightOnForMorrissey

... I'm interested to see how many others made it into the tunnels under campus.

It's hot as hell down, especially when you get near the power plant, because all the hot water pipes run through them.

You get to see 60 years worth of different Budweiser labels and there are signs warning of expulsion from some long retired VP of Student affairs. It's also important to wear long pants because you'll burn the shit out of your legs climbing over hot water pipes in shorts.

It can become a prank depending on . . .
by kage  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what you do once you are in the tunnels. I lived in a building senior year that offered unfettered access to the tunnel system. We mapped much of the tunnel grid and found plenty of open doors to exit from. That's where the pranks can begin.

Anyway, we almost got caught in the tunnel once. I didn't stop to see who was chasing us, but I was lucky I knew how to get out quickly. Actually for the last 200 yards or so (which included a couple of turns), I turned off the lights so whoever it was couldn't see where I exited. The exit would have certainly given away my identity.

By the time we got down there every door we came across was locked.
by DeBo  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were able to get in because we found one of the manhole entrances that someone forgot to padlock shut.