Marina: 9-14 Overall, 3-5 from Three. Overall,
by dillon77 (2022-05-22 07:32:40)

In reply to: Marina and Arike going off tonight  posted by RISteve

... she's shooting 54% from the field and 48% from three. That's torrid shooting for someone who is hoisting them up primarily on mid- and long-range shots.

Dallas will only get better with Sabally back.

Jackie's shooting 55%, 46% 3s. Arike, Marina, Jewell, & JY
by Domerduck  (2022-05-22 12:57:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are all top 10 in scoring per minutes in the WNBA so far behind Rhyne Howard (31.6) and Liz Campage (31.5). Arike and Marina are #3 & #4, both with 30.6 pts per 48 minutes. Jewell is #5 at 29.4 and Jackie is #9 at 27.0. The other qualified ND players include #16 Sky at 24.2, #41 Jess at 16.8, and Bri #55 (out of 55 qualified players) at 5.4 pts per 48 minutes.

Of course Jess and Bri are there for others things mostly rebounds where they are #7 at 13.3 and #12 at 11.7 respectively. Still Marina is the top guard in the WNBA on the rebounds per minute list at #23, 8.4 per 48 minutes. The rest of the ND stars on rebounds-#34 Sky (6.0), tied at #39 Jackie & Jewell (4.8), and #45 Arike (4.2).

What is even cooler about Jess is she is the top big in the WNBA in assists per minute behind #1 Sloot and #2 Sue Bird. The ND playmakers start with #8 Marina at 7.1, #9 Sky at 6.4, then #11 Jess at 6.2. The next big who's on that assist list would be Candace Parker at #18 at 5.7 assists per 48 mins. Rounding out the ND crew are #14 Arike at 6.0, #21 Jackie at 5.2, #28 Jewell at 4.5, and #37 Bri at 3.6.

A few other things to point out about the stats (linked) is Jackie is leading the league in mpg at 34.3, with Sky #3 (33.8), Bri # 11 (32.0), and Jess #13 at 31.9. Jackie and Jess have started and played in all 7 of their team's games. On FG% which Dillon points out Marina's proficiency of the qualified WNBA players, Jackie is #7, Marina #8, and Jess #12 (51.7%). For 3 pt % Marina is #10 and Jackie is #15 as there seems to be a lot of good 3pt shooters in the WNBA.

Finally the other stat I was interested in was Baba's favorite, how the ND players did in efficiency (EFF). Using the efficiency number per 48 minutes, Jackie and Marina join league scoring leader Rhyne Howard as the only guards in the top 18 with Jackie #10 at 29.8 and Marina #12 at 29.0. Jess leads the rest at #13 at 28.0 with #32 Sky (21.3), #33 Jewell (21.2), #35 Arike (20.8), and #38 Bri (20.1). When you look at EFF per game because of Jackie & Jess's playing time, Jackie is the top guard at #4 (21.3) and Jess is #8 (18.6). Marina and Sky are both #20 at 15.0 while #30 Bri and #31 Arike have been more inconsistent at 13.4 and 13.3 respectively.

Good Stats on The Next Regarding Jackie, Aces Under Hammons
by dillon77  (2022-05-22 18:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice stuff by Em Adler of The Next on how all the Aces' starters are improving shooting/scoring-wise under Hammons more wide-open style. This is not a diss on Bill Laimbeer: he got Wilson and Cambage and used them to pound the stuffing out of most opponents. However, it was always my thought that when Options A & B were closed out (see Mercury, Phoenix), the backcourt had a hard time stepping into a style they didn't (often) play.

Now, this is primarily the first time through the opponents so the Aces are surprising everything with this push-it style. Will it hold up next time through? Can Jackie play that many minutes? We'll see.

But for now, Adler lists this:

"Becky Hammon’s squad isn't just blowing out everyone in its path — with the exception of Washington, when Las Vegas was poorly rested after flight issues. Every starter has seen their play skyrocket in the new system:

- A’ja Wilson has improved her true-shooting by 7.2%, her three-point rate by 10%, her free-throw attempt rate by 15% and increased her points per scoring attempt by 13.3%
- Kelsey Plum has improved her three-point rate by 9% and her assist rate by 4.4%
- Jackie Young has improved her true-shooting by 11.4%, her three-point rate by 27%, her assist rate by 2.2%, her free-throw attempt rate by 1.7 and increased her points per scoring attempt by 19.4%
- Chelsea Gray has improved her true-shooting by 1.9%, her three-point rate by 3%, her assist rate by 2.8% and her free-throw attempt rate by 9%
- Dearica Hamby has improved her true-shooting by 6.8%, her three-point rate by 4% and increased her points per scoring attempt by 13.3%"

Very nice!
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-05-22 13:16:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great explanation and consolidation. I'm going to assume you copied and pasted these into a spreadsheet so you could sort by column, otherwise it must be murder to organize. It's a shame the WNBA stats can't be sorted by column/stat.

Anyway, nice job, and the ND players are really showing their stuff.

The link makes it easy to analyze per us stat nerds. *
by Domerduck  (2022-05-22 13:18:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Um…what am I doing wrong?
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-05-22 16:00:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Often, if you click on the column headings the stats will be sorted for that stat. I wasn't able to do that. How, for example, were you able to sort by "Assists"?

Go to the top. Pick Assists in the Stat Category. Pick Per
by Domerduck  (2022-05-22 17:31:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mode where you can get Totals, Per Game, or Per 48 minutes. It then ranks the eligible players. When I did it this morning there were 55 eligible with the 7 domers. Just did it again, now only 53, as Sky has been dropped from the leaders. I just sorted it again by scoring per game where Howard is #1, but the ND 6 qualified has Arike #2, Jackie #3, Jewell #9, Marina #14, Jess #33, and Bri still last at #53.

Still you can also go to the top left hand corner and switch to General which has stats sortable by category (where you click on the column headings), but this includes a total of 144 WNBA players who have played at all this season so far. So for scoring (the link attached) it shows Howard #1, but Stewart is now #2, and all the ND players from there include #3 Arike, #4 Jackie, #10 Jewell, #12 Sky, #16 Marina, #31 KMac, #40 Jess, #107 Bri, and #115 Ace.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but lots of lawn to cut. Hope this helps.

I didn't explore enough. Thanks. These are most sortable! *
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-05-22 21:18:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post