Perhaps a pita overdose prevented you from postulating point
by MPG (2022-05-25 11:04:40)

In reply to: Position-less Perplex  posted by BabaGhanouj

seven which would be: players who can score efficiently inside and outside, some with longer shooting range than others.

My own line-up preference is a reliable primary ballhandler to direct the offense, a strong low post player to anchor the defense, and three versatile (perhaps "interchangeable", rather than "position-less") players who can do some of everything needed to win, with Sonia Citron as a prime example of the latter.

Pickles. I Just Had My First of the Season....
by dillon77  (2022-05-25 12:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..I bring that up to take care of the P requirement and that's about it.
Besides, my favorite peanut butter was just recalled. Damn, back to Skippy.

Very much recall Niele opining (or MPG paraphrasing Niele) that she likes four interchangeable players around a post. Well, easy to say when one of those has PG skills like Olivia. And given that she's bird-dogging Hannah Hidalgo, Lisa Thompson, etc., I think Niele will always make sure one of these four is a lead guard.

That said, that leaves three players to mix and match, with Sonia -- as you point out -- being exhibit A. Players like Emma Risch, Olivia Olson and Jadyn Donovan could very much be similar.

I read and accept many of NDMike's points. Coaches still have to teach/perfect/coach certain skills regardless of what you call the position.

Hmm...another pickle?

Lisa Thompson has released her Final Six without ND on it.
by MPG  (2022-05-25 13:31:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Chosen Six are BC, DePaul, FSU, the two best known MSUs, and NC State.

Jasmine Brown is a 2023 combo guard who should be on ND's radar. She is quick and strong.

Hmm. That Could Be an Indication that Mutual Interest...
by dillon77  (2022-05-25 14:22:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... had waned since Ms. Thompson was given an offer. Could be on Ms. Thompson's part (maybe the concept of playing behind Olivia Miles for two years didn't appeal to her). Or perhaps ND decided to focus on Hannah Hidalgo or other prospects such as Zoe Brooks or Jasmine Brown, whom MPG just brought up and is on our recruiting report.

Will be interested to see focus of Niele and Michaela going forward.

Thanks for bringing up...I've changed her status on the Recruiting Report.