Agree With Doggie (Thx). Here are a few '23/'24 Players ...
by dillon77 (2022-06-22 11:07:33)
Edited on 2022-06-22 14:43:42

In reply to: Unlike ND Football, hard to tell NDWBB's targets sometimes  posted by NDoggie78

... that I'd like to see Niele and Michaela have an interest in. The irony, as Doggie and others have pointed out, is ND might have or might have already checked out a player. Difficult to know.

That said, we've seen 2023 play out in front of us and what we see is probably what ND will get (Donovan, Hidalgo, Prosper, knock on wood). However, I'd look at these folks, too:
- Chloe Kitts, the 6'2" forward from Florida who just played on the USA U-18 team in Argentina. She's come on the last year -- much like Irish commit Emma Risch -- but while they're about the same height, Kitts is known as a forward. And we'll need a heady forward who can shoot in 2023. Why? Maddy Westbeld will be a senior.
- Mary Ashley Groot, 6'2" forward from NYC who was invited to USA trials.
Primarily has an inside game but is getting better. Academics shouldn't be a problem, given she attends the prestigious Dalton School.

These types of forwards are probably dependent on whether a Cassandre Prosper commits to the Irish.

As for 2024.

Centers should be of prime interest, given Kylee Watson and Nat Marshall's eligible years will be winding down. So, would love to see the Irish continue to pursue:
- Kennedy Ume(h), the center who plays for the Philly Rise. Niele is going to Hungary to watch the U-17 USA team that Umeh is on (that also has Jadyn Donovan and Hannah Hidalgo). Good sign. She's a post.
- Blanca Thomas, the 6'5" center from North Carolina, also tried out for USA teams (and didn't make it), but that doesn't mean one should give up on them. Programs are clamoring for her.
- Kate Koval, the 6'5" center from the Ukraine who played for Lutheran High in Long Island. She's solid, moves well and is driven.

Plus...
- Morgan Cheli, the 6'2" guard from Cali who is on that u-17 team, as well. Hope Niele gets a look. However, pulling guards like that out of the Left Coast is tough.
- Allie Ziebell, the 5'10" guard from Wisconsin. ND/Ziebell are on each other's radar and I'd like to see it continue. She can shoot. And she can score. From three. Those extra points help.