Emma Risch and her travel team have a busy July schedule as
by MPG (2022-06-28 13:53:27)
Edited on 2022-06-29 10:38:10

they will be in Louisville July 5-8, Indy July 9-12, Atlanta July 20-22, and Orlando July 23-25. We expect to see ND coaches at all of these events to scout 2024 prospects and any late rising 2023 candidates. ND needs to have Coquese Washington's replacement available for these final evaluation events of the summer, especially with Coach Ivey in Hungary for the July 9-17 World Cup where she will be following ND's presumed top 2023 targets: Prosper, Hidalgo, and Donovan.

A tip of the hat to Dillon for his updated recruiting notes on June 27! By the way, I am now sold on Allie Ziebell as a 2024 prospect because ND will need a versatile scorer in that class and Allie seems to be able to score inside and outside.

Interview
by irncty99  (2022-06-29 10:17:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whew! We need to work on the interviews. She would have been in 7th grade at the time. The halftime 3 point competition was the players choice to pick a spot and make as many as you can in a minute. Emma made 17 and Aly made 16. Both chose the top of the key.

You Can Tell How Young She Was....
by dillon77  (2022-06-29 10:25:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..in how she cut to the chase on the answers. When I interviewed my travel soccer team members in middle school, those were the answers I got. By high school, I avoided questions with open-ended answers!

Some videos you may find amusing.
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-06-28 23:34:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This one is from 2018:

Here’s from last year’s Louisville July 5-8 tournament, that MPG mentions, aka Run 4 Roses Classic. See how many players and coaches you recognize (pay particular attention at the very beginning and the very end.):

The last one is for the real fans of high school recruiting. It is only available via link at the bottom. It gives the highlights of last year's (oops) 2019's tournament (Run 4 Roses) and you will recognize some familiar names as well as learn some new ones:

Wow, Current Players, Commits and Prospects...
by dillon77  (2022-06-29 10:21:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...not to mention rivals (hello, Ms. Day-Wilson! Love the opposing coach: "#23, she's amazing. What'd she have -- 30?")

That's a huge venue and a super big draw. Like MPG, hope Coach Niele has her assistant corps in place to handle the scouting duties in the upcoming weeks (sure she will).

Thanks for posting.

You mean Allie Ziebell from WI right? *
by JBC_MO  (2022-06-28 22:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, I meant Ziebell and I do like her potential for ND.
by MPG  (2022-06-29 10:36:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allie Z. Would Be a Very Good Get...
by dillon77  (2022-06-29 10:23:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Convinced you have to have a few scorers in your lineup (see Arike, Marina, Jackie, Jess). They don't have to score all the time, but can flip the switch when needed.