The ACC and the Big 10 have been the best
by SorinBasement (2023-03-25 19:36:18)

In reply to: 1 game left. Go Va Tech. I'd rather have 3 ACC teams over 3  posted by Domerduck

conferences all year. The SEC is top-heavy, but nowhere near as good top to bottom as the ACC and Big Ten.

We should wait until the Elite 8 games to be played to make
by Domerduck  (2023-03-25 20:06:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that final call on tournament conference performance. The SEC teams have overperformed all tourney and at this point has the best team which shouldn't be overlooked. I would argue the Big10 was more top heavy and have underperformed especially with their 1 seed losing to a 9 seed. Their top 4 were good but the rest were overrated. Let's see if they win their next 3 games.

The ACC has overperformed. I plan on sharing the stats on all the Power conference after todays last game.

I know you love the PAC-X but 3ACC/3B1G/2SEC left.
by Cavanaugh82  (2023-03-25 22:01:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The verdict is already in for 2023, PAC-X underperformed this year.

True as did the Big East/Big12, & we will see about B10. I
by Domerduck  (2023-03-25 23:01:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

also love the ACC and both P12/ACC have done well in the NCAAs for years. The ACC has done very well this year and have a chance to have up to 3 teams advance to the F4 and continue the trend. This year no PAC12 team stood out and Stanford fell well short of expectations. For the Big East so did UConn and Nova losing to worse seeds and with the Big12 Texas & Iowa State fell far short.

The Big 10 was expected to have 4 teams make the sweet 16, but #1 Indiana's loss to a 9 seed spoiled that. tOSU's upset of UConn has set them back on schedule with 3 to the Elite 8, but unless one of those teams make the final 4 it will be a big disappointment for that conference as they have such little history of success in the NCAA tourney, The Big10's only championship was 1998 with Purdue and only has had 2 Final 4 appearances since that classic ND/Purdue 2001 championship game.

'Nova was a 4 seed, they made sweet sixteen as expected.
by Cavanaugh82  (2023-03-26 00:14:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Honestly, I don't care enough about conference performance to get into a long debate about it and I agree with you that historically B1G underperforms on the biggest stages.

If B1G Gets Any Team in Final Four, It Will be Thumbs Up
by dillon77  (2023-03-26 08:04:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Been a long time since that's happened and breaking the seal helps so much.

I think match-ups have a lot to do with how you progress in a tournament so I look at those quite a bit, as well as who is rounding into form. Based on that, Va. Tech and Ohio State are playing really well. That should be some game.

They did, but lost to a 9 seed in that round. If it had been
by Domerduck  (2023-03-26 01:34:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1 seed Indiana they would have met expectations, but my comment was that they lost to a worse seed, which was true. If LSU also loses tomorrow to Miami I would claim the same thing, but I don't think that will happen as the SEC was more of a test than it was rated and seeded. I wasn't surprised Miami beat Nova, but I think LSU will handle Miami. Hope not as I want Katie Meier in the Final 4 a lot more than Kim again and her crazy outfits.

The reason I care about the conferences in the women's game is because a good conference prepares the teams to compete. The ACC certainly did that for their teams this year and only injuries slowed down teams success in the tourney (ND, NC State, & FSU). I expected the PAC12 to do better like previous years but it didn't pan out. Big East & Big 12 were overrated and I think their tournament performance proved it. SEC also overperformed so far but the next 2 days matter. And the Big 10 needs to show this year they belong or else I'd consider them overrated as well.