Blanca Thomas made a official visit to UTenn in late April.
by MPG (2023-05-15 23:06:32)

According to Vol Nation posters, it was her third visit to Knoxville and her brother will be enrolling there as a freshman in the fall...

In an unrelated note, Erin Boley's brother is an ND QB target for 2025. I believe that UK is the favorite for his commitment at this time.

Trying to gauge Thomas' interest
by Irishfan2008  (2023-05-16 10:39:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been following her social media.

She was liking a lot of ND posts throughout the season but now has been following the Vols closely. She may be interested in the Vols because her brother is going to be going to school there.

Disclaimer that social media activity could mean nothing. It's possible Thomas just enjoys following ND but is equally interested other programs.

But has already been reported on this board, the entire coaching staff is all following Thomas and she is following them.

I think we have the best shot with Thomas, although Koval and other post prospects could be keeping their interest in ND private. Koval follows some UConn players but to my knowledge, no ND players or coaches.

Thx for Social Media Input. With Koval, Another Factor ....
by dillon77  (2023-05-16 11:34:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...might be that, lest we forget, she's from another country, even though she's been in the States a few years. And Geno has a steady diet of international players on his roster, primarily from Europe but also from Egypt and Canada (although Edwards will probably be gone in 2024).

Koval may like that environment.
On the other hand, if ND shows an interest in the Canadian Swords sisters, that could help, too, given Cass Prosper is also on the Irish roster.

Still, like you, I think Thomas' past visits, her HS's history with ND and her social media interactions could help. Lots of chances to see her play in the next few months. Coach Owens, Ivey and Mabrey should be in prominent places in the stands/sidelines for those AAU tournies.

It's not either or
by BIG MAC  (2023-05-16 14:54:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Think big(s).

ND's Going After Forwards, As Well...
by dillon77  (2023-05-16 23:31:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...with Strong and Carleton (see report above for details) because at some point Maddy Westbeld will move on.

So, yes, I am thinking -- and have posted -- about getting bigs as in a post and forward.

In this day and age, I highly doubt you'll see two posts of Thomas, Koval and Umeh's ability commit to the same school: too much at stake, from playing time to NIL.

The Odd Part of that Visit is Justine Pissot Posted About It
by dillon77  (2023-05-16 06:10:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and that was after she had announced she was in the portal out of Knoxville, leading some UTenn posters on the Boneyard to wonder if she was going to stay put after all (apparently Pissot and Thomas know each other).
Well, that didn't happen: Pissot announced she was going to Vandy.

Thomas has 10 (!) finalists and seems to want to visit them all, which I completely get. Being a very tall post, ball is seemingly going through her.

After having virtually a covert trip from Cass Prosper last year (most of us only caught the plane trips to Ontario), I'll give Niele and Mike credit for finding their targets and getting them here. Thomas has been here twice already, right?

Stay tuned.