Edited on 2023-05-18 23:00:34

There were three I recalled, but here are the ones ND coaches are attending:

- Atlanta, Georgia (Ivey, Mabrey)
- Birmingham, Alabama (Owens, Mabrey)
- Bryan, Texas (Ivey, Allen)
- Dallas, Texas (Allen)
- Ames, Iowa (Owens)

From the NCAA:
During an Evaluation Period, it is "permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designated to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period, save for seniors at scholastic events. Quiet period activities are also allowable."

In Alabama, Kate Koval Averaging 14.5 ppg, 8 rpg
by dillon77  (2023-05-20 13:03:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so far, although her team, Exodus, is 0-2. Both Coach Owens and and Coach Mabrey are in attendance.

Any idea who Coach Owens is scouting in Iowa?
by Irishfan2008  (2023-05-19 00:59:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't tracking any prospects there. Or are there out of state post players competing in a tourney there?

There’s a Nike EYBL regional in Ames this weekend. * (link)
by poweri  (2023-05-19 06:46:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice sleuthing. *
by MountainMan  (2023-05-19 06:50:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The real sleuthing
by poweri  (2023-05-19 07:10:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would be figuring out which big on the 8 teams playing there she’s there to see.

Yes, The Team List is a "Who's Who" of AAU Clubs...
by dillon77  (2023-05-19 07:58:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..but if you click on their names, you'll see the u17 team might be elsewhere like the Philly Rise will be at the Clash of the Clubs in Dallas, where other ND coaches are, so they could see Kennedy Ume(h), if she's still a target.

Exodus, Kate Koval's club, is listed on the Iowa list, too.

As posted, one can find out easily enough who is where because the social media updates will come pouring out after each day.

If only we knew, but we won't, until late in the game, out
by MountainMan  (2023-05-19 10:02:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of nowhere, she will appear, per Niele. lol

I might be wrong but
by poweri  (2023-05-19 08:06:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I see 8 clubs playing in Iowa this weekend.
KNE
All Iowa
Wisconsin Flight
Michigan Crossover

And the other side is
Midwest elite
Kentucky premier
TN flight
Mo Phenom

Games start in about an hour

If That's the Case, Focus on Kentucky Premier
by dillon77  (2023-05-19 09:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Leah Macy, the forward who visited ND, plays for KY Premier. Zakiyah Johnson, the highly rated guard from that state, also plays for that AAU team, so it could be a double dip.

You're probably right about who is playing, but when I clicked on the website, I found many, many teams. Maybe that page cites who has played there.

In any case, after many years of looking at prospects, I must admit to NOT delving into exactly who is playing at what tourney pre-performance. This week, I was too busy following the "kill your young" exercise known as WNBA roster cuts. But, in general, I find the purveyors of talent-ranking websites do a good job of posting who is doing well where. Since they get paid for it, I'll follow them.

Thanks for your research and it will be fun to see who/whom Coach O was primarily watching and who else caught her eye.

Agree!
by poweri  (2023-05-19 10:25:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just came back to look at your recruiting list and try and see if there was a match and it looks like Leah Lacey is who is probably being checked out.

The eybl website is tricky to navigate. For this weekend you’d need to go to session 2 Iowa 17 and click on that to get to the standing schedules and live box scores.

Through 2 Games, Macy Is Averaging 17.5 PPG for Ky Premier *
by dillon77  (2023-05-20 12:49:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Macy from KY- any relation to Kyle Macy who played for KY? *
by drmurray  (2023-05-20 20:00:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw Kyle play in high school many years ago.
by Cavanaugh82  (2023-05-21 14:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kyle's profile at Transylvania University says that he has 3 children, Malone, Mallory, and Meredith but no Leah.

Appreciate the Insight & Guidance
by dillon77  (2023-05-19 10:43:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not helpless when it comes to intricate webfaces, but sometimes I can get lost or not find the way. Thanks for the map.

Coach O can assess any hoopster, but with her post/big forward expertise, I'd say her eyes will be on Lacy.

This circuit is growing and becoming more competitive (among sponsors and promoters). No wonder colleges have to split their staffs up for coverage.

Out-of-State Players Attending???
by dillon77  (2023-05-19 06:19:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not aware of any posts from Iowa region per se.
However, Coach O might also be there to take in all positions.

Some 2025 prospects that live not-too-far away?

- Alilyah Crump, the shooting guard from Minnesota who has visited ND
- Leah Macy, the forward from Kentucky wo has also visited ND
- An under-the-radar, younger post that Jan Jensen and Iowa always seem to find and develop?

I'll pluck around some of these player's clubs and sites when I get a free(er) moment and/or wait for some of the recruiting services to offer reports, which they generally do.

Here is their itinerary (link)
by RISteve  (2023-05-18 22:04:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx. Just Updated While Watching Nuggets-Lakers! *
by dillon77  (2023-05-18 23:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Been waiting to see where the coaches were headed all day.
Added a 2nd tourney in Texas this year and not going to Atlantic City this time around.

Obviously headed to where prospects are....