Marina & the Sky beating Jess/KMac & the Lynx as all 3 start
by Domerduck (2023-05-19 21:31:37)

in the season opener. 65-49 after 3 qtrs. Lindsey Allen is on the Lynx roster but it the only Minnesota player yet to play.

Lynx had 3 points in second quarter. *
by PWK2  (2023-05-21 11:21:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to do that and they were at home. Didn't notice that
by Domerduck  (2023-05-21 12:03:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until you mentioned it. So that's why they won the other 3 quarters and still lost by 11 points.

Allen in Box Score:"Did Not Dress: Right Hamstring Strain"
by dillon77  (2023-05-20 07:01:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jess Shepard led the team with 7 assists from the center position.
No one else had more than 2. I think Lynx could've used L.A. to run the half-court.

This was Marina's first game and it showed: just five points. She'll get into the groove but, luckily, she and the team rode Copper last night, who introduced Miller to prime time with 20 points.

Bri started in Phoenix loss, but Sky is out. AO,JY, Jewell
by Domerduck  (2023-05-20 12:06:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have their first games this afternoon today on National TV, ABC. I expect all to start. Bri didn't score even though she played the most minutes for the team and got 7 rebounds. Taurasi went 1-9 shooting 3s. We will see how long Sky is not on the team.

Dallas vs Atlanta should be fun up first today 1pm, and I hope Arike does well. Aces vs Storm is compelling. Vegas is without their suspended coach who was punished because of the Hamby complaint. Still they have the same starting 5 from last years championship team with Jackie still in her glue role, but they've add Candace Parker. Jewell is now the star for the Storm and she is paired with another college UConn rival Kia Nurse who is not an adequate replacement for Stewie.

Should be fun.

Watched 1st Half of Phoenix-LA. Bri Has To Shoot At Times
by dillon77  (2023-05-20 12:53:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everyone on LA is just focusing on DT and Griner, without Skylar, Cummingham or Gustafsson available.

I'll touch base from time to time today, but as a former Lax guy, I'm watching the quarterfinals today and heading to Annapolis tomorrow to see ND play Johns Hopkins.

Arike lead the WIngs for a win with 27 pts & 3 steals.
by Domerduck  (2023-05-20 15:40:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Wings have a new coach and now seem to have a Big 3 adding Natasha Howard to Arike and Satou Sabally. Those 3 score 85% of their 85 points as Satou had 25 pts, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks while Howard had 20 pts, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. McGowan started and played only 16 minutes getting 4 pts/9 rebounds. It was a fun game to watch but the guard play was very different for the WIngs without Marina.

Now watching Jackie vs Jewell as the Aces are ahead 18-14 after 1. Candace Parker started for the Aces and Kia Nurse was the lone UConn starter on the floor for both teams since Candace Parker replaced Kiah Stokes for the Aces.

ESPN tweet regarding Arike's performance.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-20 19:57:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're #1 & 2 in WNBA scoring, Jackie #3, Jewell #5, so
by Domerduck  (2023-05-20 21:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Domers and Ducks start hot. Satou's college teammate Sabrina is #11. Jess is leading the league in Assists at 7.

Of course its only 1 game but its a good start.

Jury Out for Me on Wings Sans Marina & Gray
by dillon77  (2023-05-20 19:49:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I see Arike in there with Burton and Dangerfield, I just wonder where the consistent scoring is going to come from. Sabally is a wonderful talent, but she can start taking really funky shots. Howard's a solid player, particularly on defense. They'll need Big T to be in most of the time, too.

Have to see more games to see how this team meshes.

HT-Jackie & Jewell leading each of their teams in scoring
by Domerduck  (2023-05-20 16:16:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the only players in double figures in the game. The Aces are more balanced so have the lead by 15 as Jackie has 11, Wilson 9, Plum 8, and Parker 7. And if you are keeping score on ND vs UConn since both teams have a a player from each school who've played, it's 21 to 2. Just a fun irrelevant stat.

Looks like the Aces will dominate the league with that line-up. The other teams need to catch up fast especially the Liberty who need to figure out how their big 3 will play together.

Aces 105 Storm 64. JY's 23, JL's 22 lead their teams in pts
by Domerduck  (2023-05-20 17:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aces had 6 players in doubles figures while Jewell was the only one for the Storm who will struggle without Stewart and Bird. Jackie's line pretty fantastic in just 26 minutes: 23 pts, 8-13, 3-4 threes, 5 rebs, 3 asts, 1 stl, 1 block.

ND's two had 45 pts in 55 minutes, UConn's two just 2 pts in 33 minutes.

Just doing the math.