So, Who Did the ND Coaches See This Past Weekend?
by dillon77 (2023-05-22 10:54:00)
Edited on 2023-05-22 10:58:17

Three of these events - in Birmingham, Dallas and Iowa -- were part of the nike girls eybl tour. There is a -- which was brought to my attention by poweri (see his link in an earlier thread) -- not only has links to these events (session II), but upcoming events as well. It lists top performers and standings.

Based on that:

- Birmingham. The key attraction there was 2024 6'4" center Kate Koval who plays for Exodus. While the club only went 1-2, Koval averaged 16.4 ppg, 8.0 rpg and 1.8 blocks per game. No surprise post coach Carol Owens and recruiting director Michaela Mabrey were there.

- Iowa. Coach Owens was here, too, and the attraction was 2025 forward Leah Macy, who is 6'2". Macy had a solid tournament, scoring 15.2 ppg and grabbing 6.4 rebounds per game. These were both in the Top 5 performers.

- Meanwhile, in Dallas, Charel Allen took in the Philly Rise going 3-0, led by shooting guard Mikayla Blakes, who averaged 14.8 ppg and 2.0 steals per game. Kennedy Umeh also plays for the Rise and she grabbed 5.8 rpg.

- Niele and Mike also went to an event in Georgia and, best I can tell, 2024 forward Sarah Strong was at that event.

- No one went to The Classic in Louisville this year, but I can report that 2025 shooting guard Daniya Prawl as cited as being a standout performer.

There could be others consideration and I'm sure younger players caught various coaches' eyes, but wanted to do a cross-section between people on our recruiting report and those who were playing.

So why were Ivey and Allen in Bryan Texas last weekend?
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2023-05-23 14:04:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looks like there was an Adidas tournament, but I have no idea who they were looking at.

I was able to find apparent links to the box scores of the games, but the links did not link to any box scores. Grrr.

Thought of Justice Carlton, but She Was in Dallas, Too
by dillon77  (2023-05-23 14:32:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the Nike event. BTW, Olivia Vukosa was also there, as was Aaliyah Crump, the 6'1" guard from Minnetonka, MN, who plays for North Tartan. p(see link for highlighted players, which also includes Mikayla Blakes, Kennedy Umeh, etc.)

I'm drawing a blank, too, on the adidas event. Maybe a 2025 prospect we're not aware of? Or a 2024 who has recently come to attention?
If it's Niele and Charel, chances are it's a guard or wing.

Thanks for the updates. *
by MountainMan  (2023-05-22 11:49:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the notes on a few ND prospects. Leah Macy looks
by MPG  (2023-05-22 11:06:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as if she would be a worthy replacement for Maddy Westbeld as the versatile forward. This opinion is based on brief clips posted on her twitter account, including some action from this past weekend.

She's also grown
by jamnd74  (2023-05-22 12:21:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now 6-3.

Exactly Maddy's Height. *
by dillon77  (2023-05-22 16:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post