Poster on another site claims
by IAIRISH (2017-05-31 21:08:43)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Jessica Shephard committed. Anyone else hear this? Would be a huge get.

Journal Star says Shephard headed to ND (link)
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-01 16:35:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yaaaaassssssss!!! *
by Goirish01  (2017-06-02 06:41:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2017-06-01 20:54:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Huge get
by Mike  (2017-06-01 17:55:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome day

NebHSRecruiting - Shepherd to ND (link)
by Sixtythreer  (2017-06-01 16:55:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for these, 63. *
by 2Domer  (2017-06-01 16:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BigRedToday also says Shephard to ND
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-01 18:15:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope these are true.

They don't give their source(s).

WOWT News - 6HD CONFIRMS transfer.
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-01 18:17:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"The former Fremont star and two-time all-Big Ten standout confirmed she will transfer to Notre Dame on Thursday."

Okay, I'm getting psyched. I think this really helps. *
by 2Domer  (2017-06-01 18:20:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

SB Tribune confirms Jessica is Irish! (link)
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-01 23:51:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Curious what "the Boneyard" thinks of this... *
by drmurray  (2017-06-04 10:13:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They had a thread when she announced she was transferring.
by ndbutch  (2017-06-04 16:24:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A lot of comments gleaned from Nebraska message boards and "sources". She's a combination of DeSean Jackson and Dwight Howard according to the commentary there. With suggestions that she got the previous coach at Nebraska, Yori, fired because she wanted her way. What's being said there since she actually announced for ND I haven't seen.

Lili Thompson didn't fare any better after it was announced she was transferring to ND. Apparently there was some mysterious reason "no other team in the Pac 12 would touch her" is what I read in one post.

I wasn't particularly surprised or concerned that fans of the schools they left or fans of ND WWB rivals would be less than complimentary. But I couldn't help but contrast their reactions to those of some ND fans who seem convinced that the transfer of players unhappy about their roles was some indictment of the program.

On twitter she follows
by Orangutan  (2017-06-01 13:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McGraw, Cunningham, Ivey, Owens, Arike, Marina, Brianna, NDWBB, and Katie Capps.

That's 9 of the 107 accounts she follows that are NDWBB related. I'd say that's a good sign.

She also follows GamecockWBB, a few of the coaches, and A'ja Wilson. My memory is that when I looked before she was following a lot more Gamecock-related accounts.

Katie Capps is the clincher. Nice work. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-01 14:12:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BG... Will she be able to practice with the team
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-01 23:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this summer and through the season ?

Yes *
by tedstheman  (2017-06-01 23:42:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Practice
by Dallas Dave  (2017-06-02 12:31:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The thing I'm excited about is the thought of Jessica working out daily for a year with Kristina, Brianna and Kat. It can only make them all better!

Who, my good person, is Katie Capps? *
by Jon  (2017-06-01 14:30:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Women's Basketball Director of Operations *
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-01 14:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ah, thanks. Sounds like yr after nxt going to be fun! *
by Jon  (2017-06-01 15:38:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw the same posts. If true does this mean she would
by Tim Kelley  (2017-05-31 22:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have two years of eligibility after sitting out this season ?

Yes, to your question. And a Nebraska board poster said an
by MPG  (2017-05-31 23:02:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

announcement is coming soon, but he did not name a school. ND seems to be the most likely destination, unless she made a last minute stealth visit to a third school.

Assuming it is true, wouldn't it be great if MM was
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-01 09:26:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

able to recruit another athletic Big. On the other hand, would Shepard's transfer make others shy away from ND ? For once, I'd love to see ND with a lot of talent and depth in the post to go along with what they have and have had at the other positions

Shepard's arrival gives MM some flexibility in ...
by dillon77  (2017-06-02 16:26:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..getting that post either in 2018 class or in 2019.

In 2017-18, there will be Koko and Vaughn down low, with Kat W. and Patterson at the high post. Perhaps Jessica gets the waiver to play, perhaps not. She's a big that can bang but also go out and shoot it. Gives us options.

In 2018-19, you've got Bri back (hopefully), along with Ms. Vaughn down low, along with Patteson and incoming Cosgrove at the high post.

And Shepard to do her thing. My gut there says Bri and Jessica are in there together.

After that season, BT is gone. We'd need a low post to join M. Vaughn....

This development is great for MM and Niele in that it allows some degree of flexibility to get the right person.

Actually, Jessica would be available for 2 years, not
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-03 17:32:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one, so she could have her first year with Bri (2018-19) and her second year after Bri's eligibility is used up (2019-20). There are so many possibilities because we don't know Bri's status for this year, whether or not Jessica is eligible this season (doubtful), and whether Bri and Jessica stay for their last seasons when they are eligible for the WNBA.

Thx for reminding me!
by dillon77  (2017-06-05 12:33:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew that and knew I just wanted to include Bri but her name came out anyways (blame it on reunion!). Thanks for alerting...I'll change it.

You're right...the permutations are endless depending on when Bri gets back, as well as if JS gets an ok to play immediately or has to sit out.

In either case, look forward to Ms. Shepard joining the Irish.

And I'll be very intrigued to see if they continue to go after a post/forward for '18 and, if so, what kind (bruiser, all-rounder, high-post, etc.).

Which site please?
by Irish75  (2017-05-31 21:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It might help us determine how reliable it is.

I really hope this is true, obviously.

ND Hoops Recruits on Twitter mentioned it
by Domer99  (2017-06-01 12:16:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's been a pretty reliable and informative source of info. Although, they too acknowledge the information as rumor.

https://twitter.com/NDHoopsRecruits

It's still in the rumor phase.
by ndbutch  (2017-06-01 07:29:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Started on a Rivals board.

Which summons rule 20:
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-01 07:50:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Starting rumors in our forums is strictly prohibited. Spreading rumors in our forums (within tasteful boundaries) is heartily encouraged.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.