Question?
by IrishHugo (2017-06-01 20:54:04)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Posts have said that Sheppard will "likely" sit out next season. Is there an outside chance she could play the 2017-18?

I think she is applying
by quasimodo  (2017-06-03 14:33:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In one of the articles that people linked below, I believe I read that she is going to apply for a waiver to the "sit out a year" rule due to the Neb. head coaching change that happened after her frosh year.

Sounds like a long shot to me.

Q

Don't think so
by Orangutan  (2017-06-01 21:32:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sometimes the transfer year can get waived if there's extenuating circumstances.

For, example her ex-teammate Natalie Romeo was able to play straight away but I think that had to do with Connie Yori's resignation amidst allegations of player mistreatment.

There's no indication there was anything going on at Nebraska that would get the year out waived. It appears that she just wanted to go to a better program.

Maybe she is intending to apply even though the
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-01 23:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

odds are greatly against her getting the waiver. I believe that the "likely" quote is from her. Could be based on her feeling that the long shot won't succeed.

Only works for F$U transfers
by tedstheman  (2017-06-01 23:41:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see how Shephard's case is any different than Chatrice White and White was given a waiver. She basically said she was transferring to a program that gave her a better chance to play and advance in NCAA tournament.

4th, 5th, and 7th rated players in 2015 Class
by Irish75  (2017-06-02 00:02:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As rated by Prospects Nation at the time.

Not a bad haul when everything is said and done.

And 3rd, 6th, and 8th by Blue Star *
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-02 07:52:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.