MM spending some of bye week in California
by RISteve (2018-02-08 12:19:49)

Database update time.

From ND Hoops Recruits:

"WBB: It appears Muffet was in Cali last night looking at 2019 6-1 wing Haley Jones, who's ranked top 5 in her class."

Here's Some Footage of Ms. Jones That Was Just Posted
by dillon77  (2018-02-09 19:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Muffet caught this sequence. Jones wouldn't get away with this in the ACC, but the behind-the-back move, spin in the lane and fade-away finger roll does catch your attention.

Thanks. That's a highlight!
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-02-09 21:31:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's only a 4-on-one, because she stole the ball from the fifth.

That's a Good Trip To Hear About...
by dillon77  (2018-02-08 14:17:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Haley Jones is a wing who one might even call a small forward the way she plays. Really versatile. She's been to Texas and South Carolina and UConn (of course) is interested. As a junior, it will be interesting to see if she takes an official visit to ND in later spring, early fall.
Article on her below. She's the third player from left standing in the picture.

Other wings that MM has seen and/or come to ND include Breanna Beal and Diamond Miller.

Haley Jones would be a great addition for 2019.
by MPG  (2018-02-08 14:13:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A skilled, athletic wing would go well with guard Anaya Peoples. Just add a strong low post player and perhaps a stretch four such as Sam Brunelle...

So you want a whole team, do you? :-)
by dillon77  (2018-02-08 14:21:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually, I didn't see the off guard there, which we're getting next year (Gilbert, Prohaska).

I know it's scary to think this way, but Brunelle's game would fit here so well, particularly at the high post, that it gives one hope that she sees it, too.

Well, I count Anaya as two guards in one! *
by MPG  (2018-02-08 16:15:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably Not a Bad Idea....
by dillon77  (2018-02-08 16:32:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I think you'll see more guards with proven handles coming to ND, such as Anaya and, then, particularly with that class of 2020.