Young 22-7-7, 5 steals
by ram (2018-02-11 15:13:00)

13 shots-22 points

not.too.shabby

Marina + Jackie = 29p, 14a, 9rebs, 9steals. I'm fully ok...
by Jon  (2018-02-11 15:47:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... with that backcourt into next year.

Arike, Turner, & Shepard to round it out!

Hopefully, MM Will Find Reason To Have Jordan Nixon...
by dillon77  (2018-02-12 07:46:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..in that rotation to take over some of the primary ball-handling responsibilities and also to give our guards a spell. Plus, you certainly want to take advantage of what she'll have to offer and get her ready for the ensuing year.

Don't anticipate her just stepping in like Lili -- who was, after all a grad student-- but do see her getting time.

BTW, don't preclude Katlyn Gilbert and/or Abby getting time, either, but Nixon is a key focus, in my humble, coffee-driven morning.

I'll go further.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-02-12 08:32:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do expect Coach McGraw to take a serious look at Jordan Nixon during the summer (I believe this is the foreign trip year.) like she did during Lindsey Allen's freshman year, with a good chance that, like LA, she will name Jordan as the starting point guard.

If she starts, who sits? Marina, Arike, Jackie, Briana? *
by Jon  (2018-02-12 09:30:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No idea, but Coach may approach it not so much as "who sits"
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-02-12 10:10:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but as "who gets playing time". Muffet wants a point guard, in my humble opinion.

I'm not saying it will happen or that Jordan will necessarily start, but I think Muffet hopes Jordan proves herself as Lindsey did. I agree that it seems likely that Marina, Arike, Jackie, Brianna, and Jessica would start, if nothing else, just out of respect for seniority, which Coach likes to do. But
1) I think Muffet will be seriously testing Jordan during the summer to see if she has what it takes to be the regular point guard next season and
2) if Jordan passes the test, don't be surprised if Jordan gets as much or more playing time as the big 5.

(Opps, I see I said "starting point guard" in my previous post. May I change that to "regular point guard". :-) )

In Basic Agreement With You In Regards To the Rotation...
by dillon77  (2018-02-12 11:37:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MM will want to see if Jordan can crack it and add value to the Big 5.
Plus...planning-wise...it will help with thinking how Anaya is used and seeing which 2020 prospects will best fit it.

Like you, I'd expect it would be very hard to break up the starting guard rotation in regards to Mabrey, Ogunbowale and Young. Just mix Nixon in with that group and add to, if you want to go "small."

Dear Lord, no injuries before we see this dream team! *
by Jon  (2018-02-12 15:41:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JY - Best Is Yet To Come
by savr27  (2018-02-11 15:21:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JY just keeps getting better and better and I really believe we won’t see her peek until Arike and Marina are gone. They both dominate the ball so much and as a result Jackie defers to them. She has been much more aggressive on offense this year and she will continue to get better.

If she can improve her shooting range
by SorinBasement  (2018-02-11 18:22:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

she could end up as the best player we've ever had.