Oregon losing another player and maybe even one more
by RISteve (2018-04-15 12:15:45)

Per Raoul:

This is the third departure from Oregon WBB this offseason: freshman guard Aina Ayuso going pro. (Hearing there might be a fourth.)

Maybe DomerDuck can provide additional insight? Is this a big loss? Trouble in paradise? Thx

Don't think trouble. She's back to Spain as a Spanish Agent
by Domerduck  (2018-04-15 17:20:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

announced the signing. She leaves left the program after a club in Spain made a spot open for her on their team, and that Ayuso wanted to major in physical therapy — something UO does not offer.

Ayusa is a talent but didn't get much playing time. Maybe getting the third top college play of the season on ESPN (behind Arike's two shots) with her James Harden like crossover move and shot got her enough press for a big signing back home.

Oregon is still deep with 4 starters back including their two Naismith top position players (Sabrina and Ruthy) plus Boley replacing Lexie who graduates. As for subs they'll still have McGwire who started as a Freshman, Gildon who had lots on minutes in the tourney, Yaeger, and Giomi who all got playing time this year. Plus they are bringing in the Arizona POY and Sabally's younger sister from germnay. They did have too many players given the available playing time.

I don't think any of these three leaving or even another sub would still reduce their high expectations and their #2 preseason ranking, only behind the Irish.

How is a freshman going Pro?
by TWO  (2018-04-15 15:40:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought the WNBA had rules

Maybe to play overseas.
by SorinBasement  (2018-04-15 15:55:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The money's better and those leagues are probably not subject to the WNBA's age restrictions.

Correct Me If I’m Wrong, I Thought A College Player Can
by savr27  (2018-04-15 15:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

leave if they turn 21 or 22 in that same year they go pro. Maybe she started college late

She’s probably 21 yo now *
by STARSHOOTER  (2018-04-15 15:52:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not yet. She's from Spain. Guessing she plays Euro hoops. *
by SB Jimbo  (2018-04-15 15:53:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bingo. Like th the guard from Duke A Few Years Back *
by dillon77  (2018-04-15 16:21:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does the WNBA pay that well now? *
by El Kabong  (2018-04-15 14:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Salary range is $50k to $110k
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-04-15 14:27:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NBA minimum is $560k.

Can you imagine the chaos that would exist if players
by Tim Kelley  (2018-04-15 12:19:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

could transfer without having to wait a year to be eligible to play again ? Isn't that what is being considered by the NCAA for football, or would it apply to all sports, if approved ?

It would have a similar effect as free agency had on the NFL, except without many "controls".