Azzi Fudd Attended the Announcement.... (link)
by dillon77 (2018-04-15 16:37:25)
Edited on 2018-04-15 16:46:18

Apparently, the wonderkind of the Class of 20121 decided to drive down from the DC area to be with her buddy, Sam. And if you hit this connection to the Boneyard on page 12 of the Brunelle thread, you'll see her right next to Sam in a green ND T-shirt.

So, the Recruitapalooza/NieleFest has born it's first fruit. Let's hope the Red Robin photo continues...Azzi coming down to see Sam is certainly a fine start.

ESPN link on the commitment (link)
by PWK2  (2018-04-15 16:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here is another article-- from Blue and Gold
by RISteve  (2018-04-15 17:43:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was well done

Link, below.

Hey Lou ...
by CJC  (2018-04-15 17:48:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(who is a long-time friend of mine), while this is very, very good news for Notre Dame, I'd argue that it is far from "surreal."

Now, if Notre Dame's football program had a fortnight like this, given its performance over the past 25 years, that might be "surreal."

I guess I can't really fault Lou for having his perspective warped by all the time he's spent watching and reporting on that underachieving football program.

But this isn't "surreal" -- this is very much the reality for the Notre Dame women's basketball program.

Surreal
by DavidAddison  (2018-04-15 22:42:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Definition per Merrill-Webster: marked by the intense irrational reality of a dream; also : unbelievable, fantastic (eg surreal sums of money)

I really don’t see a usage problem.

I dunno ...
by CJC  (2018-04-15 23:06:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you persist in considering what the program has accomplished and is accomplishing as "irrational" and "unbelievable," Marina is going to have you making sandwiches in the kitchen before long.

While success for the women's program isn't surreal,
by FtWorthIrish  (2018-04-15 18:44:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it does seem a bit surreal that the year we win title #2 is the same year that our All American post was out from the get go, then we lose 3 other key players including our starting PG to ACL injuries during the year. If someone told me all of those things at the beginning of the season, but don't worry we're still winning the NC, I'd assume they were drunk and want to know what they were drunk on so I could get into a similar state.

It sounds like her strong feelings about women's
by Tim Kelley  (2018-04-15 17:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

achievements and being role models ( MM) may have played a large role in her decision.

Agree. Great day for the Irish and MM
by irishkula  (2018-04-15 19:03:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats Sam.

Sam + Muffet = "Class Act."
by sixtythreer  (2018-04-15 21:56:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was totally impressed when Sam Brunelle said she called Muffet about two weeks prior to today's celebration and announcement. In doing so, she and her parents did the gracious thing. Muffet
had to be relieved and ecstatic to know Sam was coming.

Once Coach knew, she, too, did the gracious thing. She and her staff stayed as silent as the Sphinx, and did nothing whatever to detract from the Brunelle family's celebration and announcement this afternoon.

Class acts, but coach & staff must stay silent till signing. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-04-15 22:38:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are correct.
by sixtythreer  (2018-04-15 22:49:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Muffet plays by the rules, No hints, no leaks, no nothing.

This national champ. is going to be a recruiting bonanza!! *
by RISteve  (2018-04-15 16:43:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would be great, but let's wait and see. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2018-04-15 18:16:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post