Sam B interview with local news
by Flanner89 (2018-04-15 18:55:57)
Edited on 2018-04-15 19:04:15

One of the Charlottesville news stations that was at her announcement
What a fun ride it’s been.

I don’t know if it’s true but I’m claiming credit for her initial exposure to ND. I coach volleyball and always wear ND gear to practice. Several years ago SB played volleyball in our USAV club. She was probably 10 or 11. I was coaching the next higher team and we had some shared practices together. So that’s my contribution.

Flanner?
by Homeboy73  (2018-04-15 19:08:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Full credit to Flanner89. Coming from an alum from Grace. The taunts back and forth during finals week were classic.

The Cold War is over
by Flanner89  (2018-04-15 19:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel a special affinity for Grace ever since both dorms were converted to offices. I remember showing my first year room to my kids, “hey kids, this conference room used to be daddy’s room”
I can also admit after the fact how awesome it was to see the #1 sign lit on top of Grace my senior year for football.

Flanner-Grace
by Homeboy73  (2018-04-15 20:15:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good memories. My class was the first to move into Grace. Fall of 1969. Had to live in Cavanaugh for a month or so, until Grace was ready. Moving in, doors were still missing. But loved Grace. For Notre Dame’s first bowl game in many years (Cotton Bowl) we used a bed sheet to make a sign and hang it from our 9th floor window: “ND got longer horns than Texas”. The bad grammar was my fault. When I go back for reunions I visit our old rooms in Grace. The Finance folks on 10 (our second year) have brought Notre Dame to its AAA ratings.

I lived in Grace as well: 1982-86. Our tower dorms lacked
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-15 19:51:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

character (and cockroaches) but had AC. I think PE and PW had AC as well.

I was in Grace 1987-91 * *
by cbiebel  (2018-04-15 22:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

80-84 Grace *
by oggie  (2018-04-16 09:11:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post