Agree On All Sam Suggestions; Speaking of Jackie....
by dillon77 (2018-04-17 07:31:41)

In reply to: Can somebody gimme a snapshot of Brunelle? What present..  posted by Jon

In regards to Sam:
- See a bunch of Della Donne, Kat and Shep;
- Speaking of Jess Shepard, will be interesting to see what facets of her game we see in 18-19, now that she's moving to the high post;
- In high school she plays low a lot, in part because she both can and has to. With ND, it will be interesting to see what the coaches think her strengths are and where that positions her (wind, top of the key, etc.)

and in regards to Jackie:
- Because of quick feet, jumping ability and nose for the ball, Jackie has done well at the wing or "slightly-bigger guard" position as I call it.
- Don't see Sam as her successor there. Rather I see MM & Niele going after Haley Jones to fill that role. Jones is an inch taller than Jackie and slightly bigger build, but has a lot of the same attributes and versatility.
- If Jones does come here -- depending on how good she is frosh year -- I could see Jackie moving to the "off guard" role and concentrate a bit more on her outside game.
- I think the Jones recruitment is one of the more interesting question marks left in 2019: MM clearly wants her but so does virtually every top program, including UConn, Stanford and Oregon. Diamond Miller was probably an option, but she committed to Maryland. Is Breanna Beal or Kristin Bell still in play (if at all)? Or -- if Jones goes elsewhere -- does MM wait to go after a wing with the class of 2020? (Sydney Parrish, Maddie Westbeld or a seemingly still growing Ali Campbell?)

Stay tuned.