Recruiting Chart - December 7, 2018
by BabaGhanouj (2018-04-18 15:21:16)
Edited on 2018-12-07 21:55:17

Notes:
All ratings are the average HoopGurlz, Blue Star, Prospects, and ASGR if available.
Total numbers for position or team reflect only those currently available, i.e. not out for the season.
Numbers in (parentheses) are wishful thinking if the ??? recruits commit.
A "-" is used to indicate either Mikayla Vaughn or Katlyn Gilbert may opt for another year of eligibility.

Didn't expect all of NieleFest in chart - here is a recap
by NDoggie78  (2018-04-19 11:20:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By my count there were 11 visitors that weekend (please anyone correct me if I get this wrong)

2019 Recruits (2)
Anaya Peoples (PG)
Samantha Brunelle (F)
Both committed to Notre Dame

2020 Recruits (7)
Maddie Burke (G) #60
Paige Bueckers (PG/G) #1
Allison Campbell (PG) #24
Caitlin Clark (PG) #4
Natalija Marshall (F) #12
Sydney Parrish (F) #11
Kylee Watson (F) #30
All 7 listed in HoopGurlz Top 20 - Edit: updated ranking listed

2021 Recruits (2)
Azzi Fudd (PG)
Matyson Wilkie (G)
Both listed in HoopGurlz 25 Watch List

Notre Dame commits

Good job! Thanks. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2018-04-19 14:51:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You Got It!....All Present and Accounted For....
by dillon77  (2018-04-19 13:23:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're all very good players. In the case of the 2019ers, ND was able to get commitments from both (of course, they already had Anaya's when she came, but why quibble).

2020 will be interesting. Certainly don't think all of point guards/guards will be able to be offered and/or come, but it helps to have a strong pool to choose/hear from.

Keep the Faith!

What this excellent recruiting discussion shows
by SorinBasement  (2018-04-19 08:34:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that we're in a position to shoot for the stars on a level that only UConn can match.

There was some concern that we needed to slightly lower our targets when we pushed all of our chips to the center of the table and whiffed in our attempt to land Megan Walker and Evina Westbrook. That's no longer a concern.

We're not going to get everyone on your charts; we don't have the roster space for that, and some will choose to go elsewhere. We will get great players, and we'll get them consistently.

A couple questions regarding recruiting
by thethinman  (2018-04-18 21:28:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assuming Muffet has a couple more offers on the table for '19; when in all likelihood would be the latest that we would know they were accepted. Also, should we assume that any '20 offers won't be issued until next year?

There is an early one week signing period
by Dave Winkler  (2018-04-18 23:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

starting in mid-November. The late signing period starts in April but most recruits in WBB will decide by November. So hopefully in November we will know the makeup of this next class.

Thinking back I believe everyone on the current roster was a November signee with the exception of Arike. She signed in April of her senior year.

On offers I don't believe a formal offer can go out until September of a recruits junior year. It would be interesting to know which of the current sophomores get offers come September but this type of info never leaks out unless the recruit tweets or says something.

For the record, Arike signed in November 2014, along with
by MPG  (2018-04-18 23:34:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marina Mabrey, and Ali Patberg. Muffet commented on the trio in a news release on November 12.

Offers can be made prior to junior year. If I recall correctly, Ali Patberg was a sophomore when she committed to ND. Official visits can be made starting in April of the junior year, but offers can be made earlier. Muffet supposedly offered Ms. Diggins in eighth grade!

I'm sure you're right about all this. My memory on Arike
by Dave Winkler  (2018-04-19 00:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

signing is not as good as I thought it was.

All these prospects (like Skyler) getting early offers - do you know if these are in writing? Or do they have to be verbals until some point in time?

I don't know if any offers are official in a contractual
by MPG  (2018-04-19 09:51:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sense until the student-athlete receives the National Letter of Intent to be signed as the final step of the recruiting process. Certainly schools can send a letter confirming their early interest or offer as part of the recruitment effort. I know that lacrosse is moving its recruiting calendar toward not allowing commitments until the beginning of the junior year, which makes sense to me.

Some WBB programs seem to make early offers to many prospects. Louisville and South Carolina come to mind. I believe that many of these are honorary as a way of building interest among prospects.

Fantastic
by NDoggie78  (2018-04-18 17:00:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any ideas about the 2030 class?

This is great. I do think Kylee Watson should be added for
by MPG  (2018-04-18 15:41:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2020 at forward/post because she has a #2 ranking in the class and seems to have a serious interest in ND. I know that you don't want to have a chart that is unwieldy, but she did attend the Legendary Weekend and plays for the Philly Belles. She and Nat Marshall seem to be the F/P equivalent of Bueckers/Clark/Campbell for ND in 2020.

Got It. The Link To This At the Bottom of the Post...
by dillon77  (2018-04-18 15:25:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so folks can have both.