Shep!
by Traditionnevergraduates (2018-04-18 19:42:04)

Best transfer of all time?

Best post player McGraw has had since Ruth Riley, and
by Indy77  (2018-04-19 12:07:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's not even close. Her moves with the ball, in the paint are exceptional.
When was the last time ND had a center who could execute the spin move in the paint? Never, Jess was the first.

McGraw has never had a post playe who could drive the lane, execute the power dribble to create space and score, up and under, shoot short jumpers, shoot from the elbow and so on. Her rebounding prowess is a marvel to watch, she is in short, tenacious.
Her only weakness is FT shooting and I'm sure that will improve in the off season.

She is sure handed, strong, light on her feet, can handle the ball in the open court. Maybe she's actually the best post player!

It is quite obvious that she was well coached during her days at UN and in high school.

A very unique player with her size and agility. Her skill level should be the standard for any future post player that McGraw recruits. No more projects.

Can't wait for her senior year at ND.

Best offensive post player since Riley,
by SorinBasement  (2018-04-19 13:28:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but nowhere near Turner's equal on the defensive end of the floor.

The great news is that we get them both next year.

She was the highest ranked recruit for our 5 ND starters on
by Domerduck  (2018-04-18 22:31:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

our recent national championship team and we didn't recruit her. Looking at Baba's data her average rating was 5 to Arike & JY's 6.3 each with Marina at 12 and Kat at 25. Koko the only sub who played in the Final 4 was 42.5. Only Turner from the ACL quartet was better at 2.5.

I had been looking at old ESPN recruiting pages on the web. Jess was in the 2015 HS class #3 (linked) with Arike #10 and Marina #24. Kat, class of 2014, was #21, while Jackie from the class of 2016 was #11. Still all 5 were 5 star players and we needed everyone one of them as well as Koko. Still there is no way we win the NC if we don't have Jess

She verballed to Nebraska her freshman year
by goirish01  (2018-04-19 11:56:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure it's fully accurate that "we didn't recruit her." Nebraska offered her in the 8th grade and she verballed a year later. I'd be shocked if we never reached out, but not shocked to hear we were never invited in for a home visit.

U may be right. Glad Muffet didn't tweet anything like Geno
by Domerduck  (2018-04-19 13:00:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did with Arike. Better they were on our team since they inspire a lot of AMFs by nmany opposing teams along with Marina, Jackie, and Kat.

Or, best transfer of all time?
by FtWorthIrish  (2018-04-18 21:53:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just glad they approved her eligibility for this year.

Never fell in love with somebody game that quick. Jesssss!
by Jon  (2018-04-18 20:47:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's that Mack truck all up over your face. Thickness

Could be
by IrishHugo  (2018-04-18 20:08:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Brianna and Jessica stay healthy next year and play the high / low game to the max, which they will, ND coaches are going to have a shot at every “big” in the country for a few years. What Shepherd accomplished this year was amazing!

Jess AMF
by Homeboy73  (2018-04-18 20:30:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For Notre Dame WBB, no doubt at all. The best. Other sports? Humphrey? Danny Miller? Hansbrough? Eilers? Larry Moriarity? I’m sure there are some other candidates, but not for Notre Dame WBB.

Not really a large pool
by cbiebel  (2018-04-19 02:03:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Women's Basketball has only had 2 transfers (3 if you want to include Anne Weese, but she was an academic transfer who later became a walk-on) and both of those were this year.

It's kind of like saying Natalie Achonwa was the best foreign player ND Women's Basketball has ever had.

Nat was the best foreign player ND ever had.
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-19 16:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand your point! :)

Job for Olson - Leahy Lads who transferred to ND
by SixShutouts66  (2018-04-18 22:35:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't find Olson's list of FB transfers to ND. The one that sticks out in my mind is George Connor, one of the top linemen ever at ND. Coach Leahy served in the Navy during WWII; and when he returned, he convinced some very good players to transfer into ND. The post WWII run of success was certainly helped by transfers.

Men's BBall-probably Ben Hansborough, 2011 Big East POY *
by Domerduck  (2018-04-18 22:49:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jess brought the Championship
by traditionnevergraduates  (2018-04-19 08:23:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see that with the other names.

George Connor was twice Consensus All-American.
by dfw  (2018-04-19 11:16:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Won two national titles, won the Outland Trophy in '47, is a member of both the college and pro football halls of fame.

Jess was great this year, but has a ways to go to catch George Connor on the best ND transfer list.

No Question
by LUKE  (2018-04-19 09:12:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She made the game easier for Marina, Arike & Jackie with her low post presence, passing, rebounding. Elite eight last year to NC this year. The difference SHEP!

thats why she is..
by traditionnevergraduates  (2018-04-19 09:44:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the best transfer of all time!

Certainly best bball xfr, men or women-George Conner should
by Domerduck  (2018-04-19 11:49:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trump her for football-but it was before many of our lifetimes. I would agree she is the best ND transfer in my lifetime...and I am a certified Senior at least with the railroad and US park service.