New Jersey & New York
by Homeboy73 (2018-05-01 13:39:56)

In reply to: A Few Answers/Thoughts on Hines-Allen  posted by dillon77

I enjoy your (Dillon’s) reports on New Jersey (and New York) women’s high school basketball. It’s great to see Notre Dame getting some New Jersey and New York players (the Mabreys, the Danielles, Jordan Nixon). Historically, Notre Dame has not had many women from New Jersey and New York. I remember a few early on. Laura Dougherty in the mid 1980s (from my home town Hillsdale - she had a great career), Lynn Ebben from Mendham, and Lisa Brown from Palmyra, then around 1987 Cathy Emigholz from Staten Island and Mary Gavin from Wildwood, and Karen Robinson (now Keyes, of the Notre Dame Women’s coaching title) from Turnersville. Around 1991 Audrey Gomez, from Keyport, who I think was New Jersey player of the year (I believe she transferred out, perhaps UCLA?). In the mid 1990s Katryna Gaither (fantastic player) from Mt. Vernon, and Diana Braendly from Staten Island. Then around 2004 Melissa D’Amico from Long Island (Manorsville area, I think). Some pretty big gaps in years between New Jersey/New York players. Let’s get some more. And yes, Go Mounties!

Replies: