Graves needed that 2016 class to turn the Ducks around and
by Domerduck (2018-05-05 11:23:45)

In reply to: Looking forward to Domerduck perspective. *  posted by RISteve

i7 recruits will not be is motus operandi as evidenced by the last two recruiting classes. The Ducks have had the biggest rise of all the top 10 teams in the last 3 years and it clearly was because of that class, led by Sabrina who as you all remember was late ad to that class after signing day, ND was certainly open to take her if she had chosen them. I also think Ruthy Hebard was below the radar as a talent playing in Alaska. Last year Sabally was also a surprise as to her talent.

I am also surprised Boley ended up going to Oregon, but clearly she understood how she could fit in. The 3x3 team shows that has worked out for her. I am sure she will start next year, at least in the beginning of the season. She will have to keep her game ahead of the 2 new recruits, just like any competitor. McGwire along with the other transfers ended up being behind all that talent and couldn't improve their game enught to beat them out,

My guess is Graves will settle down as he did at Gonzaga. Now he just as a nationwide and international pool of talent to pull from. Getting Europeans and Australians changes the dynamic for recruiting as the blue bloods including ND have basically won with North American talent.

Also sorry I was delayed in responding as I was travelling all day Friday.

Replies: