Sam B and Azzi - Two Peas in a Pod (great video)
by Orangutan (2018-05-11 19:47:29)

Great video on Brunelle and Fudd. Featuring interviews with both girls and with Azzi's dad, Tim. Must watch, imo.

My # 1 takeaway from that was what a great
by Tim Kelley  (2018-05-12 11:44:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

parent, Tim Fudd, seems to be. In that regard, Azzi is a very lucky girl. Probably holds true for her mom as well.

Fudd has great form on her jumper. *
by PWK2  (2018-05-12 07:29:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm more concerned about her ability to hunt her own shots
by Radi-skull  (2018-05-13 07:37:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've heard a rumor she is obsessed with bunnies even though she has a very low percentage

Classic! Though Kayo will be upset with the misspelling.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-13 09:11:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To an Azzi (Ozzy) with a jump shot, everything is a bunny.

Thanks, very nicely done.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-11 20:04:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You get a great sense of the girls and what they are going through, plus what Tim Fudd is going through. It's very humanizing. I still don't think we understand what Sam will bring to Notre Dame basketball. I know I still don't understand what she will bring, but she is special, as is Azzi.

A couple of things. What are they wearing on their ankles? Are those ankle weights? If so, they must be very light.
Sam Brunelle appears to be every bit of 6-2. I think she will be listed as 6-3 shortly by everyone. (Tim Fudd is 6-7.) She just moves more like a smaller girl.
Azzi Fudd, perhaps, has a more beautiful jumper than Erin Boley. Azzi hangs.
I think that is Azzi's mother in the picture a few times, also coaching.

Hopefully, Sam brings Azzi *
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-12 11:37:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interested in How Much Sam Is Outside of the Lane...
by dillon77  (2018-05-12 07:47:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..with the Fairfax team, which is one heck of an AAU outfit. Up to this point, I've envisioned her at that Kat high post role, but she's roaming all over the court here and taking it to the hoop, as well.
Could open some real possibilities.

Also like Tim Fudd recognizing that her emotion is a positive force for the team. (Check out her fist pump after a drive or two.) Sometimes I've thought some of Sam's leadership comes from her being older than Bueckers and Fudd. And some of it may be that. But you can tell, kids just gravitate to that positive life force.

As for Fudd, great form (like Erin), but she can elevate. Love the crossover into the lane, then the 15-footer.

Yes, I think those are ankle weights.
And what's with the mask over their mouth?

Like Tim and Azzi's mom (pretty sure) whacking at them on layups to keep concentration.

Last impression: parents, keep the sport in the gym.

Great get having Sam.
Throw everything we've got into getting the other pea in the pod (and that one in Minnesota, too).

It was another affirmation of Sam's positive personality
by MPG  (2018-05-12 09:52:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and close connection with the Fudds. On a lighthearted note, Mr.Fudd did say the code word "ice cream" about midway through the video. I now view any reference to ice cream or Red Robin as a positive sign for ND.

Ahhh, Red Robin. One of the threads of the year on The Board *
by RISteve  (2018-05-12 11:37:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ha ha. You, sir, have a beautifully twisted mind. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-12 10:26:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Masks are to simulate Colorado. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-12 08:14:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assumed it was a muzzle to reduce biting. *
by PWK2  (2018-05-12 12:27:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Girls!!! *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-12 13:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I Come By That Naturally In My League..... *
by dillon77  (2018-05-12 09:05:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Question
by 65domer  (2018-05-11 21:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Sam B. guilty of taking steps before she shoots her long jump shots?

Good eye! Yes, after reviewing that practice video
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-12 06:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where she takes the "just for fun" long jump shots, I would agree that, at least on the last 2 of the 3, she moves her left (as well as her right). Plus, the first practice three shown in this video (about 40 seconds in) appears to be a travel. The good news is that I went back to review game footage and, even on her long threes, she doesn't come close to a travel.

Fudd did the same thing
by dbcsmith  (2018-05-12 19:16:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

also noticed a couple of players from Oregon and MSU did the same thing only in games and it was not called.

I think you are right
by 65domer  (2018-05-12 20:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When they receive a pass both players seem to take a two-step hop prior to setting their feet for a jump shot. I may be wrong but I think that was called on an Oregon player but there was more than one occasion when it was not called.

Nurse's layup near the end of regulation *
by cbiebel  (2018-05-13 22:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nurse does the “hop” on her 3 point shots too
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-13 22:42:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn’t seem to be called often in women’s b-ball. I assume it came about when they were younger girls and needed the impetus to get the ball to the hoop on longer shots