Mississippi State Picks Up Tall Transfer from Ole Miss
by dillon77 (2018-05-15 07:32:21)
Edited on 2018-05-15 07:34:49

Promise Taylor, a 6'5" forward/center, from Ole Miss has transferred to Mississippi State. She'll sit out a year, per SEC regulations.
Timing is really fortuitous for Vic Schaefer in that he'll get to have her step into the paint after 6'7" Teaira McCowan graduates after this year.

MSU has also recruited several other bigs (see Jackson Clarion-Ledger article that is attached), so "big person in paint" seems to be a priority for Coach Vic (hey, it's worked so far).

Not that he's ignored the guards. At the same time, Taylor becomes eligible, Andra Espinoza-Hunter, the guard transfer from UConn, does, as well. She was a big-time scoring sensation from Ossining, New York, who got in the log-jam of off guards and wings in the UConn Class of 2017, that featured Megan Walker.

Vic's MSU is the only SEC school I am beginning to like if I
by Domerduck  (2018-05-16 10:38:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

had to choose one. The fact they have never won a national championship in any sport and they keep going for it is to be admired. I'd pick them also over any Big 10 or Big 12 school especially Baylor. I am still pro PAC12 and ACC so I won't go too far, but I will rooting for them against all others and even over a few teams even in the two P5 conferences I like such as MSU please beat Trojans or Huskies (Washington & UConn) and especially Louisville and Duke.

Good luck to them as long as they have Vic. Keep going far.

In my opinion, Oxford > Starkville
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-15 16:35:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that's based on the town and campus

I think that is everybody's opinion. *
by NDBass  (2018-05-15 17:11:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It also strikes a major blow to their in-state rival, so it
by MPG  (2018-05-15 13:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is the perfect transfer scenario. Of course, the arrival of these transfers will probably lead to some transfers out of Starkville.

I kind of enjoyed the MSST analysts discussing the ND win
by thed  (2018-05-15 11:30:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's in the first picture window.

It brought back good memories and they didn't harp on anything specific. Just said they had chances and didn't get it done. Also recognized how ND had done the same comeback thing all year long.

Thanks for posting.