Just a little trivia quiz for the offseason
by cbiebel (2018-05-17 03:12:53)
Edited on 2018-05-17 03:33:48

I was scrolling through the record book looking for a few particular things, but ran across some interesting records, so I figured I'd throw out some as trivia questions. Don't cheat by looking them up.

1. Skylar Diggins is ND's all time leading scorer. She was a guard. Who is the all time leading scorer among post players?

2. Alicia Ratay was the best 3 point shooter in ND history (Most made and best %). She had the best 3 pt. percentage as a freshman and sophomore, but was 3rd best as a senior. Who shot better from 3 point range as a senior than Ratay did as a senior?

3. Alicia Ratay went a perfect 7-7 from 3 point range at Rutgers as a freshman. Sheila McMillan went a perfect 5-5 from 3 point range against UConn as a senior. Only one other player has been perfect with at least 5 shots attempted from 3 point range. Who was it?

4. Of the players who are in the top 7 in rebounds in a game, how many have played for Muffet McGraw?

5. Skylar Diggins tied for 3rd in most assists in a game against St. Francis. Who else is in the top 3 spots in assists in a game?

6. Who holds the top two spots for blocked shots in a game (okay, she's tied with 2 others for the #2 spot)?

7. Of the top 7 scoring average in a season records, three are by one player. Who is it? (BTW, good thing I checked this year's stats, because I almost said "top 6," but somebody happened to set the new record for this stat this year.)

8. True or false: The six best team A/TO ratios are from the last 6 seasons.

9. Two players have the opponent record for most steals in a game at 10. One is Shelly Klare from W. Michigan way back in 1983. Who is the other one (big hint: Think recruiting)?

10. Multiple choice question: The player who has the opponent record for most points scored against ND in the Joyce Center (35) is currently:

A. A professional Basketball player
B. A Women's Basketball coach
C. A cloistered nun
D. A politician

Sorry, but I've had to edit it a bit for question clarity and proper grammar.

Replies: