Whoa. I Find It Interesting....
by dillon77 (2018-05-22 09:16:48)
Edited on 2018-05-22 09:42:24

In reply to: Faith At Notre Dame  posted by Finn58

...that my casual aside about how "faith" factored into a decision between one Roman Catholic School and three distinctly non-sectarian schools can be offered up as a decision on the purported leanings of the Notre Dame administration and faculty. Seems a bit of a stretch.

You have your points of view (as I have mine), but I don't think McGraw's Bench is the proper venue to to address this subject. I see a political board on ND Nation here but not a religious or institutional direction board....those would be the proper areas to bring up such discussions.

p.s. I will say one thing: having just spent four days on campus talking to and listening to faculty and students, and hearing statements from salutatorians, valedictorians, honored speakers (whom ND administration chooses), I was quite proud of the meshing of faith and the educational pursuit of the individual students and collective university body.

My guess is you and I would have an interesting take on the Land o' Lakes declaration. But not on this particular board....

Replies: