ND, Terps & Louisville Lead ASGR's 2019 Recruiting Classes.
by dillon77 (2018-05-29 18:44:14)

...so far.

1) ND: Brunelle, Peoples
2) Maryland: Owusu, Miller, Young, Masonius
3) Louisville: Green, Parker
4) Florida State: Puisis, Baldwin
5) Duke: Patrick, Ezeh
6) Mississippi State: Hemingway, Tucker, Mingo-Young, Taylor (Transfer)

For full team listings, follow the link.

What's interesting about this is that it also includes incoming transfers as part of the class, unlike Prospects Nation. Considering most of these transfers will have to sit out a year, I'd think you might include the transfers who are eligible to play with the incoming frosh, such as Boley at Oregon, Destiny Slocum at Oregon State and Ali Patberg and Brenna Wise at Indiana.

In any case, MM, Niele and the Irish are in good position thus far, with Amihere, Boston and Jones due to visit in September.

Stay tuned....

Rankings seem be when the xfr goes to the school whether
by Domerduck  (2018-05-30 11:42:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they are eligible or not. I reviewed a few of their earlier posts and found "Florida State and Georgia Tech Lead ACC Recruiting 2018 Class Rankings" linked below. The reason why FSU and Georgia Tech were ranked ahead of ND's 2018 class of Gilbert, Nixon, Cosgrove, and Prohaska is that they each had a transfer: Kiah Gillespie of Maryland to FSU-who didn't play and Breanna Brown grad xfr from Oregon State who did play at Georgia Tech (and against ND).

To me that makes sense since a incoming freshman couldredshirt just like a transfer might have to sit out. Still what is interesting why didn't the service document the most influential 2018 transfer of all, Jessica Shepard to ND who ended up immediately eligible for ND but wasn't on their rankings for ND. Neither did they have Lili Thompson who was just like Breanna, a PAC12 grad xfr to an ACC school. So accuracy might be questioned as ND clearly would have been #1 in 2018 if they were included.

My guess is Boley, Slocum, Parberg, and Wise are on the 2018 rankings if they caught them. Couldn't find any 2018 PAC12 rankings.

But did find 2018 Big 10 rankings and Indiana was #4 which
by Domerduck  (2018-05-30 11:43:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

included the Patberg and Wise trransfers.

Dillon: What players do they rank #1 and #2? *
by Irish75  (2018-05-29 21:31:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does Anyone Have An ASGR Account?
by dillon77  (2018-05-30 09:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need to have a full (paid) account to get the individual ratings...I don't.
If anyone has access to it, can you answer Irish75's answer?

I'd be willing to take a guess, given that they do list #3 (Sam Brunelle), #4 (Nyah Green) and #5 (Anaya Peoples)?

Perhaps Haley Jones? And, if they include internationals, Laeticia Amihere?

Or Jordon Horston? Aliyah Boston?

It was astronomically expensive when I checked.
by Irish75  (2018-05-30 20:44:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it was something like $695 a year, which was preposterous, if I read it correctly.
I was thinking about subscribing but we can generally get strong recruiting information for free now, thanks to all the efforts of our posters here.

I think it's intended for schools.
by ndbutch  (2018-05-31 10:28:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that $695 isn't expensive. I can't be too critical. I paid a lot more than that during my 900 number football recruiting phase in the 90's.

Even More Now I Think....
by dillon77  (2018-05-31 08:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and I agree with you, everyone on the board does a great job of pooling their research.

Considering their accuracy problems (i.e missing ND xfrs in)
by Domerduck  (2018-05-31 10:34:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think it would be a good investment.

Where is UConn? *
by 65domer  (2018-05-29 20:19:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not in the top 1,000! i.e. no verbals (yet) *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-29 20:23:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In my Sisyphean quest to translate life,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-29 20:08:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or at least women's basketball, into numbers, I use the average ratings but then (for my personal rating system) modify them by various accomplishments and awards earned. For example I will better a girl's rating if she makes a USA team—but only if her rating by the agencies is above 12. I figure that if the player is already in the top 12, there's no additional modification needed.

I mention this because Anaya (12.3), Abby (61.3), and Jordan (25.5) all boosted their current ratings, at least in Baba's calculations, by making the U18 team. They should be judged better than heretofore their ratings showed.

Now, if Sam (2.3) makes the U17 team, she will receive no such benefit.

What I'm trying to say is, they did good! And the world should look at them, from a basketball point of view, as better than they did before.