Whatever happened to the Farmer and the Cowman?
by BabaGhanouj (2018-05-31 12:46:41)
Edited on 2018-06-01 08:06:03

An Open Letter to Boneyard Visitors:

We, at McGraw’s Bench, have bent over backwards to welcome our wayward collegiate brothers and sisters over at the Boneyard. I’m not sure what happened to CharliBBall, but our three colleagues who contribute to the Boneyard exhibit irreproachable behavior. As such, they are respected regulars, esteemed for their insights.

Thus, it was with surprise and solicitous sorrow that I read on the Boneyard’s bueno site: Are there any top ten players that ND posters are not expecting to get....one NC and they anticipate ruling college WBB forever.....

From where did this spring?…certainly not from anything I’ve seen on McGraw’s Bench nor by Benchers on the Boneyard. On the contrary, during the Battle for Brunelle, I kept reading Boneyard posts positing Sam would surely sign with the Irish, while here on the Bench we were as differential and uncertain as a photon in a Double Slit experiment. Then, when Baby Brunelle saw the light, some Boneyarders reflected it to shine in a totally different direction.

We know how hard it is to win a championship, something Geno repeatedly tries to explain to the Boneyard. You seem to be the ones who expect every prospect to come your way “because here is where championships are won.” Sometimes the mote in thy brother’s eye conceals the beam in thy own. Who, between the Bench and the Boneyard, is more cocksure of getting recruits?

I know of no player we are “expecting to get”, but know we do expect to work harder with less talent to win championships.

Humbly Yours,
Baba

They should be friends *
by Meanarch  (2018-06-03 17:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The farmers killed the cattle and ate them
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-06-01 10:06:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No interest in the dogs either

I blame Davie *
by drmurray  (2018-05-31 15:53:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Put a Lobo in a Boneyard and Crazy Things Happen.... *
by dillon77  (2018-05-31 16:07:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pot calling kettle black
by Orangutan  (2018-05-31 14:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sample post from the same thread on the BY:

"I'd be happy with Horston, Boston and Jones."
Reply - "Ditto. Throw in Amihere just because I'm greedy like that!"

They are forever thinking that they are going to get every target they recruit.

Brunelle was on most of those wish lists until about March. Now I'm told she can't shoot and "didn't excel" at USA trials. Funny how that works.

This seems over the top
by BmoreIrish  (2018-05-31 14:41:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a fan message board. Take everything with a grain of salt.

I had wandered over and read that remark as well.My response
by Dennis  (2018-05-31 14:16:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was "meh". I just keep in mind that it's an individual on the Boneyard, not the Boneyard itself (there is no such entity, right?), that writes that stuff. Also, it's their board so they can write or think anything they want. They're preaching to the choir just like folks on all boards do. It's not worth anyone's energy to dispute. As Lou Holtz once said (I believe) "no coach should be held accountable for what he/she says at a pep rally." I think that applies to a fan board as well. I do appreciate your wonderful posts on this board and it's really nice that we have such an active board right now.

Thanks, and your thoughts and perspectives are refreshing.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-31 14:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree that "meh" should have been my response. It was, but I also thought it might be fun, especially in the offseason to get some clever banter between the boards. NDoogie, in his post, reflects my thoughts perfectly. I know I'm too optimistic that it wouldn't degrade into something else.

Anyway, thanks for the quote (too good not to be true), and the proper perspective.

You're welcome! Know this, I certainly
by Dennis  (2018-05-31 22:22:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stick my foot (or more often feet) in my mouth on occasion, too.

Perhaps the Red Robin Prophecy has alarmed the court of
by MPG  (2018-05-31 13:54:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the Yukon King? Or perhaps it is the revelation that Jordan Nixon and Aliyah Boston have played together on the AAU circuit? (Scroll down on the link for the tweet that shows them together with a large trophy)

Link to the picture to which MPG refers (link)
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-05-31 14:13:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know much about much, but Nixon
by drmurray  (2018-05-31 14:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

has the best smile of all time. How can you not like her?

With all due respect, can you keep Boneyard talk there?
by NDBass  (2018-05-31 12:59:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't give one crap about that board or people that post on that board. I certainly don't want to read about it here. If you have a question for them, ask it there.

I don't frequent the Boneyard,but find interest in what said
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-31 13:15:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Baba's posts are always interesting as well. So I don't mind him keeping us updated on the Boneyard and am OK with any of them responding (I didn't mind CharlieBBall either - his only mistake was extolling the virtues of how many UConn players in the WNBA. I didn't feel there was enough there to get booted, but this is not my board)

And I like that - in a backhanded way - they are comlimenting our improved status in women's basketball (read: worry ..... we might actually get all those players we are dreaming about)

Charlie was a provocateur from the get
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-06-01 10:12:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree, don’t need the boneyard over here.

bye Felicia *
by goirish01  (2018-06-01 11:41:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree with this *
by drmurray  (2018-05-31 14:14:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I enjoy visiting the Boneyard.
by sixtythreer  (2018-05-31 16:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never posted there, but it's fun to see what they have to say. And it's sometimes fun to get another view point. I expect them to be a tad partisan. And I expect us to be the same here.

Same here. It's huge! If you are interested in women's
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-31 17:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

college basketball, it's probably your best resource. They have members from all the top schools, coaches, who knows what you'll find there. With the vastness comes some mediocrity, but as long as you are willing to wade through that, it's great.