Updates Made to Recruiting Summary (At Top of Page)
by dillon77 (2018-06-01 12:07:26)
Edited on 2018-06-04 08:49:37

Greetings Benchers:

No Irish commitments to report on the update this month, but I've factored in some solid developments into the update of this month's report.

(FYI, if there is a new development -- either noted in the exec. summary or the report -- I'll put it at the bottom of a summary of a player or position. An example would be players who tried out for the U.S. National U17 or U18 team in May 2018. In that way, you can see what the latest input on them is. Ditto for Fran Belibi's commitment to Stanford. Tip of the hat to Indy77 for the suggestion.)

- The report that Laeticia Amihere, Aliyah Boston and Haley Jones will all take Official Visits to Notre Dame in September. Boston is allegedly taking an OV to UConn in June. This is not surprising given how long the Huskies have been interacting with her. Actually pleased that Ms. Boston will come after the World Championships and during school time.

- Have added how all the prospects fared at the U17 Team Trials. From the Class of 19 prospects, Boston, Brunelle and Jones all make the U17 team and Anaya Peoples made the U18 team; while 2020 prospects Bueckers also landed on it. Alli Campbell, Hannah Gusters, Caitlin Clark, Natalijia Marshall, Sydney Parrish and Sydney Roby all made several cuts.

- The one commit elsewhere that affected the Irish was Fran Belibi, who chose Stanford over ND, Harvard and Princeton. Amihere and Belibi play similar positions/styles so this position is still in play in 2019.

- Prospects Nation updated the Class of 2019 rankings, including Sam Brunelle, Haley Jones and others. Those rankings have now been reflected in the most recent update.

- As for this month, The NCAA WBB is currently in "Quiet" period until July 5th, during which a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound, student-athletes or their parents on the college's campus. A coach may not watch student athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student athletes or their parents during the time.

- If anyone has any news/insights at any time, please don't hesitate to drop a post.

Thanks,
Dillon

This was already a great site, but this info is just awesome
by drmurray  (2018-06-03 10:43:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You really can't find this anywhere else but here.

You really rock

Please let us know how many beers we owe you

Soneday I would like to meet you guys and buy you all a beer (or 12)

Kikki Jefferson
by KOLBY (click here to email the poster)  (2018-06-02 19:19:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What can you tell me about Kikki Jefferson from my alma mater Lancaster Catholic in Lancaster, Pa. She was one of the players of the year in Pennsylvania and her team was undefeated State Champions in AAA. Her team also beat the AAAAA champion. She was one of the last cuts from last years under 17 USA team. Does ND have any interest at all? Do you know who does?

Found this article on 2019's W Kiki or Kiyana Jefferson.
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-06-02 20:17:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She us not listed on Hoopgurlz or Blue Star, but is 133rd on Prospects Nation.

The following passage from the article linked below seems germane:

"Beyond that, Jefferson has the kind of size (6 feet) and athleticism and skill set that adds up to enormous, multi-position upside at the college level.

Villanova has offered. So have St. Joseph’s, Penn State, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Colorado, Boston College, James Madison and West Virginia. Notre Dame and Vanderbilt, among many others, have been involved.

Even UConn, the NCAA women’s gold standard, has made contact.

Last summer, Jefferson made it to the final 32 from 133 players trying out for the U.S. Under-16 national team. She figures to get another shot, at the Under-17 team, this summer."

I do not believe that the Irish are presently recruiting her.

Kiki Jefferson
by KOLBY  (2018-06-03 20:23:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the info Appreciate it.

USA Today Recognition, Philly Belles
by dillon77  (2018-06-03 09:03:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On top of what FA reported, she was named Penn Player of the Year by USA Today (see below for first team). Alli Campbell was named Gatorade Player of the Year.

She also plays with Alli Campbell, Maddie Burke and Kylee Watson on the Philly Belles AAU Team...see a link below.

Like FA, I'm not aware that she's currently on ND's radar right now, but it seems like she's got a host of D1 opportunities.

FIRST TEAM

Player of the Year
Kiki Jefferson, F, Lancaster Catholic, 6-0, Jr.
The only returning member of the ALL-USA First Team, Jefferson led the Crusaders to a perfect 32-0 season and the Class 4A state championship. The PennLive Player of the Year, she averaged 18.5 points, 9.6 rebounds and four assists per game, and posted a 24-point, 15-board effort against Berks Catholic in the state final.

Alli Campbell, G, Bellwood-Antis (Bellwood), 6-0, So.
The state’s Gatorade Player of the Year carried the Blue Devils to the Class 2A state championship, averaging 26.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 4.1 steals per game.

Amani Johnson, G, East Allegheny (North Versailles), 5-6, Sr.
The explosive Kennesaw State recruit recorded 26.3 points, 6.6 assists and 3.7 steals per game as a senior.

Taylor O’Brien, G, Plymouth Whitemarsh (Plymouth Meeting), 5-9, Sr.
Bucknell-bound O’Brien became the first girl in school history to top 2,000 career points, averaging 22.8 points per contest in her final season.

Diamond Bragg, G, Camp Hill, 5-9, Sr.
The Wisconsin signee capped her superb career by averaging 21.2 points, 8.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 3.9 steals per game for the Lions.

Great update, as usual. We continue to be spoiled *
by RISteve  (2018-06-02 16:13:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you think this happens? Where friends like to split up..
by Jon  (2018-06-02 14:42:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.. and go to opposing powerhouses for the thrill of meeting against each other in battle?

So having Brunelle might make a Fudd or a Bueckers go elsewhere for the fun of seeing your friend on the otherside?

Just wondering if that's a real effect. Thanks for the updates.

From Everything I’ve Seen And Read, I’d Be Shocked If
by savr27  (2018-06-02 15:24:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bueckers and Fudd don’t end up in Southbend with the conduit being Brunelle, Jmo

There is a LONG way to go in this process.
by BTFNDGUY  (2018-06-03 16:16:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are many factors that will weigh in on the final college selections of these and all other players. Friendship could certainly one of them.

Don't think so
by AustinIrish93  (2018-06-02 15:00:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They can compete against each other every day in practice by being on the same team. Going to another team does not ensure that they will meet unless they are in the same conference.

Now, if they want to go to a school and build their own identity or legacy...that may be something that could draw them away from each other.

Boston's visit to Storrs in June will be a key moment for
by MPG  (2018-06-02 09:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2019 recruiting. Given her history of visiting there, it wouldn't be a surprise to see her commit to them and cancel her other official visits. If she doesn't commit at that time, then that would give me A New Hope for ND's chances. If she visits ND in September, I would be optimistic!

Thank you for providing the updated summary!

UConn Has Two June OV's Planned....
by dillon77  (2018-06-02 10:16:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...one with Boston, as you said. I thought that was a gimme for the Huskies but it's not been finalized. If she visits, commits and cancels the others, so be it (at least Irish know early and can move onto Plan B or Plan 2020).
If not, I'd also like our chances.

...one with Jordan Horston, who we're not interested in, but is one talented player who also just made the National U17 team. She was supposed to visit Storrs this weekend but the summer weather disturbances kicked in and canceled that trip.

Assuming that ND will be as strong and successful as
by Tim Kelley  (2018-06-02 21:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

many of us feel/hope for in the coming season, it might be to UConn's benefit to get early commitments.

Always enjoy reading your updates. Suggestion, might
by Indy77  (2018-06-01 21:25:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you denote each section of new material by providing the date of the update?

Would lead to greater clarity and contextualize the time frames/progress of the ND staffs progress.

Question on Suggestion
by dillon77  (2018-06-02 06:45:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx again for reading and taking the time for the suggestions.

Do you mean:
- labeling the overall update? (I do that and also give an exec summary)
- or inserting dates to some of the more clear-cut developments?
(These include when a person commits (to either here or somewhere else); when the U.S. Nat'l. Team tryouts or AAU tourneys are being held; and, what recruiting period we're in, to name a few.)

Any other events/developments you're thinking of?

Very much get your point about seeing the case built and how the process goes. On the other hand -- as a longtime writer -- Want to keep the report flowing and don't want it to get too clunky.

Plus, there's something decidedly non-linear about teenagers thinking that does not fit into a regular progression!

Great Job
by westsideirish  (2018-06-02 20:09:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very much enjoy your efforts to keep us informed of Irish recruits and overall WBB news. Thinking about cancelling Prospects Nation. I truly think we are on the cusp of the golden age of Irish Women’s Basketball. And that’s saying a lot as the last 18 years have been pretty darn good.

I can't tell if you edit (add) content to what has
by Indy77  (2018-06-02 14:11:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

already been posted or if you layer the most recent content from your last posting.

If it is the latter, then just date the new stuff. If the former, that would seem to be a bigger pain in the arse for you.

Regardless, I still enjoy the fruits of your efforts.

Thanks for the update, as always! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2018-06-01 13:00:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post