Thanks for your fascinating review. Some thoughts.
by BabaGhanouj (2018-06-06 22:27:16)

In reply to: Thanks. I reviewed the top 13 and found some items of note.  posted by MPG

My first impression was mild shock at the number of transfers—5 of 13 or almost 40%. So a coach, with a typical roster of 13 players, should expect 5 of those to transfer? That’s outrageous. I guess one lesson we should consider, which is hinted at in this limited sample, is that the higher the rating, perhaps after the first five, the more likely the transfer.

The next impression is similar to when we looked at the top 13 Americans drafted by the WNBA—high school ratings seem to correlate to the pros. Wilson, Mitchell, Atkins, Canada, Williams were all drafted close to their HS ratings Only Brooke McCarty was not drafted, though some projected her to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Of the remaining seven, all but Sadie Edwards have another year of eligibility through injury or transfer before we can see how the pros view them. As MPG says, they seem to be successful.

Sadie Edwards transferred mid year so she is done. She also has her masters. I don’t know if she is pursuing a pro career or not.

Reece’ Caldwell has one more year, I think, but Texas Tech currently does not list her on next year’s roster. I don't know what's going on there.

MPG also addresses another issue—that top rated recruiting classes for a college, especially when they include 3 or 4 or more recruits, do not guarantee success.

I would like to quote NDoggie here with one of my favorite lines, “worry…we might actually get all those players we are dreaming about”

Replies: