More schedule news. UConn game 12/2
by RISteve (2018-06-12 12:52:57)
Edited on 2018-06-12 12:53:48

The Evil Empire returns on 12/2 for the Jimmy V Classic. See link, below:

goirishgo
by dillon05  (2018-06-12 22:41:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would like to bring my eight year old daughter up for the game. What’s the best way to get a decent seat? I’m willing to spend some money, but can’t go crazy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This will be an extremely important game for Geno...
by Tim Kelley  (2018-06-12 13:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least in his head. If ND wins, especially convincingly, it will add to the perception that UConn is not invincible and perhaps the pendulum is shifting, and that perhaps there is a new sheriff in town. If UConn wins on ND's home court, that potential perception gets diminished. Geno thrives on UConn being perceived as the pinnacle of WBB.....a perception that he/they have deserved.

Two Tough Games Three Days Apart....
by dillon77  (2018-06-12 13:41:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in the early part of the season. Good barometer and/or wake-up call.

Iowa returns it's top 4 scorers, led by All-American Forward/Center Megan Gustafson at 25.0 PPG. She's joined in double figures by guards Kathleen Doyle (11.1 ppg) and Makenzie Meyer (10.8 ppg).

Don't know what other teams we're facing beforehand at this moment, but this game will very much be a good challenge for defensive ace Brianna Turner.

That's Thursday and then UConn rolls into the Bend on Sunday afternoon. If anything, the Iowa game should get the Irish into gear for the Huskies, who have to replace the departed Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams, both now in the WNBA.

The top two scorers: Katie Lou Samuelson(17.4 ppg) and Napheesa Collier (16.1) are both back, as is starting point guard, Crystal Dangerfield (9.5 ppg, 142 assists). The 142 assists, btw, were second on the team after Williams, who had 191. UConn's motion offense very often went through Williams at the top of the key. Williams was also their top rebounder.

Who will step into the starting lineup? Megan Walker, the top rated frosh of 2017 who had an in-and-out year her first year in Storrs? Christyn Williams, the all-everything incoming guard from Arkansas? Baltouly Camara, the transfer forward from Kentucky who played a lot as a frosh but barely got off the bench for UConn before garbage time?

In any case, there's still a lot of talent and Geno/Chris Daily will figure it out.

Two games for our local Benchers who are not season tix holders to get tix for ASAP. I've already penned these in my calendars.