A Few Ways To Answer, All of Which Deal With Talent
by dillon77 (2018-06-17 13:57:51)

In reply to: But if Peoples & Nixon really establish themselves? *  posted by Jon

...and how one utilizes it.

- Jordan Nixon is first up in Class of 2018 to show what she's got at the PG slot. If she does well, MM has some of the PG issues squared away for 2019.

- And then it should be addressed with Peoples joining the crew in 2019, whether Nixon or Peoples taking over and/or Gilbert having some role, as well (remember, she also can take the lead). Also remember that Peoples can play other positions and is on record as saying she will.

- And in the fall of 2020, there is no more Jackie Young so MM can look at a whole new palette of guards. If ND and Bueckers choose each other, you do it, simply because she's a bonafide keeper. And she too can play multiple positions because she's a great guard

- As for Azzi Fudd, she's a shooting guard and she might grow in stature.
Wherever she goes, I'm convinced she'll start immediately and for all four years. That's how talented she is.

What might make things even more interesting is if MM and crew procure wings like Haley Jones, Mady Westbeld or Sydney Parrish, which means everyone else I'm talking about is going after the 1 and 2 slots.

That's why I think the remainder of the 2019 cycle will have effects on the 2020 and 2021 efforts.