At the risk (likelihood) of generating responses that this
by McLean_ND (2018-06-19 19:35:39)

belongs on the Boneyard website, the recent book by Seth Davis, "Getting to Us: How Great Coaches Make Great Teams," includes a chapter on Geno. If you already know he walks on water, you don’t need to read it because you won’t learn anything new.

No interest at all!
by traditionnevergraduates  (2018-06-20 11:59:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When the real book arrives I'll be first in line.

Please tell me there's a chapter on Louisville's coach! *
by Jon  (2018-06-20 11:19:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's not. There are chapters on
by McLean_ND  (2018-06-20 15:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Urban Meyer, Tom Izzo, Mike Krzyzewski, Jim Harbaugh, Jim Boeheim, Doc Rivers, Brad Stevens, and Dabo Swinney. I assume the author to some extent wrote chapters on people he had or could get enough information to write a chapter on them.

I was a little sarcastic, but actually sounds pretty good...
by Jon  (2018-06-20 18:13:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I would wish Pat Summitt was in there though. She's the only 1 I place higher than MM.

Summitt threw her team under the bus too many times for her
by T-Bone  (2018-06-20 22:06:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mistakes to make any top list, IMO.

Also I've heard negative opinions of her coaching
by SixShutouts66  (2018-06-20 22:30:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People, whom I respect and know more than I do, commented that PS recruited great athletes, and relied on defensive turnovers, fast breaks, and 1 v 1 abilities (not that that makes a bad coach). I heard a story that she brought in a well-respected coach to install a half-court offense late in her tenure. (Gee sounds like Holly is following her mentor).

Harry Parretta
by cbiebel  (2018-06-22 10:14:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was the Villanova coach with whom she consulted. I remember that well. There were a lot of photoshopped images regarding Harry, Geno, and Pat, including one where Harry and Pat were sitting in a hot tub drinking champagne while Geno was pacing in the background with one of his dour game day faces.

Fairly early on in the UConn-UT rivalry, it was basically that UT had the amazing stable of athletes while UConn (who had talent, but not the overall team talent of UT) had system and technique. One of the things about UConn now is that they still have that system and technique, but now also have that stable of talent that UT used to have as well.

BTW, you also forgot to mention that PS relied a lot on the superior athletes out rebounding the other team since they couldn't often shoot well from outside.

I'm not the slightest bit interested.... *
by Wolfetone  (2018-06-20 09:37:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm interested even less than you *
by drmurray  (2018-06-20 10:31:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m less interested than less than half of you, and half as
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-06-20 10:58:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

interested in half as well as that.

What I’m more than half interested in is the rivalry between Notre Dame and UConn. When Geno fits into that rivalry, I’m interested.

Your lack of interest is impressive. If I cared, but don't. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2018-06-24 13:53:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post