Is That Kathryn Westbeld With The Team In Rome?
by savr27 (2018-08-01 12:45:47)

"I'm so glad they play basketball." Me too coach... me too. *
by Jon  (2018-08-01 13:51:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like it to me. *
by NDBass  (2018-08-01 12:47:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks, Didn’t Realize She Was Going Or Could Go With The
by savr27  (2018-08-01 13:02:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Team since she graduated. Cool, that she’s with them on this trip.

I can think of several options.
by NDBass  (2018-08-01 14:28:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first being she paid her own way.

The second being the university (And by university, I mean Muffet. Is Jack going to tell her no?) can spend its money on whomever they want that isn't "official" once their eligibility is exhausted. I am not an NCAA rules expert, though.

The third being she has some temporary "official" position.

I don't think there is an NCAA compliance issue here.
by HoundDog1973  (2018-08-01 15:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is no longer a student athlete, is not a current student, and is not a recruit. So I don't think the NCAA has rules that would govern how she interacts with the University. The University can choose to spend its money how it sees fit, and if they want to I am guessing that that they could pay for her trip. And, of course, she may have paid for it herself.

That would seem to allow excess benefits...
by ufl  (2018-08-01 16:50:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...as long as they are delayed until after eligibility is gone.

I jokingly said, "I hope she's paying her own way.", but
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-01 14:47:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect it is door number 3.

kat
by hempfield75  (2018-08-01 21:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could it be she is a temporary ga coach or a ga coach? I do like she made the trip and wished Johnson and Coco also made the trip along with Benz.

SEG/CHIEF

One other Option....Make-Up Trip for Last Year's Seniors?
by dillon77  (2018-08-01 14:51:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Naybe MM invited Kat because I believe each class is supposed to take a trip during their four-year stay and that class (Bri, Kat and Mychal) had their planned trip cancelled because of all the injuries.

I didn't see pics of Mychal so who knows if that logic holds (or if Mychal's new life/job got in the way).

Ah, good point. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-01 16:20:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Her Buddy, Bri, Couldn't Look Any Happier To Have Her
by dillon77  (2018-08-01 14:22:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..along for the ride. After all, they did come into ND together....