FIBA U-18. U.S., 57 - Chile, 17 with four minutes to
by sixtythreer (2018-08-02 19:46:36)
Edited on 2018-08-03 09:07:12

go in the half, and Coach Walz has played his first string for 13 minutes and his second group for 4.

I assume that was sarcastic,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-02 22:04:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since the starters averaged 16.6 min. and the non-starters, 16.7. That is the one thing everyone has agreed upon, "what's-his-name" has really divided up the minutes evenly.

By the way Anaya started (and played 17 min.) along with Jenna Brown, NaLyssa Smith, Rhyne Howard and Sedona Prince. I believe that is a completely different starting line-up than last game, so "what's-his-name" is spreading the wealth, which is a welcome change from the U17 games.

You're Right: That Was a Different Starting Line-Up ....
by dillon77  (2018-08-03 06:50:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..than the first game. Wouldn't be surprised to see yet another different one in the game against Puerto Rico.

Given that this is a regional tournament and a lot of the other teams simply don't have the depth of talent that the U.S. does, think the "wave" or "line" approach (as in hockey) taken by what's his name is a sound one. Wears the other teams down, get to see different combinations of players with each other and everyone plays, thereby keeping morale and interest high.

We'll see what happens further down the line.

Based on one-half of the Chile game:
- Anaya and Brown, although they have different styles, are fundamentally sound floor leaders.
- Anaya's solidly built and can play outside-in with ease. She will be able to play combo guard, if need be.
- C. Williams has got a lot of Arike in her.
- N. Smith is very talented. Good get for Baylor.
- Prince. Too bad about (most) Texans wanting to stay close to the Lone Star state (at one point, I seem to recall some mutual interest with ND). For a 6'7" post, she moves pretty well and seems to get what that height is all about. She's into the game, too.

Go U.S.'ers