Aliyah Boston
by badelman (2018-08-04 23:58:38)

Based on her Instagram we’re in the final 4 along with UConn, South Carolina, and Ohio State. Comments on there from Brunelleschi, Azzi, and Haley Jones are interesting. Really sounds like it’s down to us and the evil empire. Would love for Sam’s influence to work here.

Filippo: "enter the bronze doors to the Golden Dome!" *
by SavageDragon  (2018-08-06 19:58:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree this is her first comment. Now get her on an overnight
by RISteve  (2018-08-05 10:12:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If she attends for an overnight visit (or Recruitapalooza 2, if it happens), that may get her to think twice. Does anyone know if she has announced a visit to South Bend?

Thanks. Saw many of the comments.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-05 00:23:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't this the first public statement by Aliyah?

The multiple hints, speculations, and postings by, not only the participants, but others, are too much for me to add anything. I would love to know what Orangutan thinks, however.

[Edit] Ah, I see what he thinks… Azzi et al. are having some fun.

Very much the First Public Comment By Boston
by dillon77  (2018-08-05 09:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To the best of what I can glean from here, there and anywhere, she's had an unofficial to Ohio State and has been to UConn multiple times, given the proximity to Worcester.

She could walk right into a starting spot at many of these schools.
Still, I like our chances here as much as the others. Just a gut...if UConn was such a lock, why wait so long?

Five months ago I thought she had her ticket punched for
by MPG  (2018-08-05 14:27:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Storrs. Now I believe that ND is a real contender. The power of Sam will be tested. I expect Aliyah and Sam to visit ND together in September for a football weekend before they play the three on three tournament in October.

Aliyah Boston
by hempfield75  (2018-08-05 19:36:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with you and the other posters. When I started reading about her recruiting, everything said UCONN. As for me, I do not give up on a player or team until the fat lady sings. If she was such a big UCONN fan, why hasn't she committed. There is something holding her back. Is it UCONN, ND, or her friends. What ever it is, she maybe struggling with a decision. Your probably right about the Sam and other girls she plays with. Most players want to be comfortable with the players they are with. Maybe with Sam already at ND and other girls she plays with in AAU are thinking about ND, is part of the hold up. Lets say this. Beuchers, Azzi and others she plays with decide they are going to ND. Where does Boston lean to make a decision. Does she goes with the brain and goes to college with players she is already comfortable with, or her heart where she grew up following UCONN. Very tough decision. Best of luck to her.