Blue & Gold has a premium article on official visit dates
by Dave Winkler (2018-08-16 21:35:43)

for ND women's basketball. Anyone have a membership and can summarize what it says?

Summary
by westsideirish  (2018-08-17 05:44:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Attending on September 1 are Aliyah Boston and 6’3” forward Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo from St. John’s Academy in Washington D.C. The latter is niece of former NBA All Star Dikembe Mutombo.

The Stanford game on September 29 finds Laeticia Amihere and Haley Jones visiting.

Just saw Dikembe at an AAU Tournament in Charlotte.
by BIG MAC  (2018-08-19 11:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coaching his son. He chatted briefly with us. Real, nice, easy going guy.

Malu was AAU teammates with Sam and Azzi
by Orangutan  (2018-08-17 10:34:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that she played a ton with Sam, as Sam joined the Stars only this year and was occupied by USAB commitments much of the summer.

Still, she obviously must know Azzi very well since they also play together for St. John's and the Fudds and Brunelles appear pretty tight.

Malu was a big part of Fairfax winning the Boo Williams EYBL tournament. Arguably played better than Sam in that tourney (Azzi was the best player at the whole tournament, naturally). Reading about her I get the sense that she would be a great project for Carol. She has the raw athletic ability and a knack for rebounding already.

Would assume that Boston and Amihere are the priorities for the post position but MTM would be a great get, too.

And she can continue the "MM" tradition
by NDoggie78  (2018-08-17 11:58:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Muffet McGraw
Michaela Mabry
Marina Mabry

that was an alliterate comment *
by DBCSMITH  (2018-08-17 17:46:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ha, ha, ha…confusion reigns! *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-17 12:23:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The list of unofficial visitors ought to be interesting too.
by ndbutch  (2018-08-17 09:01:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My guess is there will be a few for those 2 dates.

Another "Nielefest"! *
by NDoggie78  (2018-08-17 12:00:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good Point. Bringing in Sam and/or Anaya ...
by dillon77  (2018-08-17 09:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to meet with fellow 2019 prospects might be a way to go. I'm pretty sure Sam has not taken an official visit, so maybe having her come to be with her buddy, Aliyah, could be completely worthwhile.

And having Anaya drive over from Illinois could play benefits.

Don't know how many 2020/2021ers will come, given that this is paydirt time for the 2019 crowd and one wants to focus as much attention as possible on them. Having said that, if Azzi Fudd wants to come along, any time! :-)

Many came last year.
by ndbutch  (2018-08-17 11:32:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In fact people around Greene County say that Samantha Brunelle was talked out of giving a verbal to Notre Dame after her 2017 football game visit (November I believe) by her parents. Who urged her to give other schools a chance. And UVA became the 2nd choice. I know this runs counter to the passionate spin in some other quarters but it is what it is.

There were a host of other underclassman who visited the same weekend who are now rising Jrs.

I expect that Sam will visit for the Michigan weekend
by MPG  (2018-08-17 10:47:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because she has connections to both visitors. Perhaps Anaya will visit for Michigan and Stanford because she lives closer to ND.

The 2019 recruiting picture is now clear. There will be a post player added and Haley Jones is THE targeted guard. As you have mentioned, the 2019 outcome will determine the 2020 offers...

Here's an ESPNw article on Tshitenge-Mutombo....
by dillon77  (2018-08-17 07:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..from a year ago.

She's a 6'3" post who is rated #29th in the country by Hoopgurlz and 51st by Prosects Nation. Like her uncle, she's known for her rebounding, defense and presence. Yes, she does wag her finger...

Could be a very good prospect and strikes me as great back-up (along with Sydnee Roby) after Boston and Amihere.

And, of course, there's the St. John's connections (Lindsay Allen, Azzi Fudd).

4.7 GPA, interested in business *
by Dave Winkler  (2018-08-17 11:34:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post