Possibilities
by Orangutan (2018-09-17 00:26:47)
Edited on 2018-09-17 00:27:32

In reply to: Sydney Roby announces final 5 and ND is not on it.  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

I'm sure Muffet & co. have a plan and I doubt that plan is to only have 9 scholarship players on the roster next year.

So here are the possibilities as I see them:

- the staff has a really good feeling about landing one of Amihere/Boston/Jones

- there is some contingency we are unaware of, that is, some player that hasn't been linked to ND who will pop up on campus for a visit.

- we're all in on Amihere/Boston/Jones and if we strike out we'll fill in the gaps with a grad transfer or a maybe an April signee of a late rising prospect.

I don't know about this "silent verbal" business. Right now, it's just one poster over on the Boneyard that is saying this. They've been swearing that Boston is a lock for a while now. I don't think it's based on anything more than guesswork. Perhaps she is a lock and this is a situation like Lauren Cox where she takes all her visits and on the last commits to the most likely suspect all along. But I don't think anyone really *knows*.

Here's a thought - what if the Louisville rumors re Amihere are bogus? Maybe she is giving ND really encouraging feedback but she wants to visit before making her commitment.

Boom - there's a rumor I just created from whole cloth. Probably as credible as some of things people on these message boards "hear" from "sources".

Replies: