And about her new fast friend…
by BabaGhanouj (2018-09-20 17:27:40)

In reply to: Brunelle post about 3x3 tournament  posted by thed

I hope Sam doesn't lose her youthful enthusiasm for the game with all her fist pumps, jumps and shouts anytime soon (like the last shot on the video).

Anaya's highlights remind me of Katlyn Gilbert's. They seem
by MPG  (2018-09-21 10:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be friends with similar talents and good basketball IQs.

Sam's highlights remind me of Euro forwards/tall wings with a variety of skills.

Anaya’s game reminded
by Homeboy73  (2018-09-21 10:47:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

me a bit of Skylar Diggins. Do folks see any similarity? Finishes really strongly.

I thought Kmac *
by Puntthepoodle  (2018-09-21 12:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anaya Takes It To the Basket Strongly...
by dillon77  (2018-09-20 18:00:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and on both sides of the paint. Look forward to seeing Sam in the 3 v 3 tourney. Go get 'em!

Going left
by ricf28  (2018-09-21 16:23:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know this video was only highlights, but I sure would have liked seeing Anaya going to her left when she scored.

Jumped out at me. Fake left, go right every time. *
by PWK2  (2018-09-22 02:13:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fair Enough. I've Seen Her In Other Reels
by dillon77  (2018-09-21 16:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

use the left. Like a lot of players, she tends to use her strong hand in part because they can get away with it against most of the competition they face.

And, as you brought up, this is an edited reel and who knows what else was available on the source tapes.

That said, she has a strong right handed move.

Once I went back to look again, I saw more pull-up jumpers from Sam on this reel that usual. Like to see that...I sometimes feel that recent coaches have kept her at the foul line or out by the three-point arc.

Yeah, I noticed that too. She finishes nice! *
by Jon  (2018-09-20 19:39:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post