I guess we should get to know Amari DeBerry
by BabaGhanouj (2018-09-27 11:15:12)
Edited on 2018-09-27 23:26:01

In reply to: ND Coaches Attend Open Gym of Amari DeBerry  posted by dillon77

By the way, I just realized that it is a long way for Alli to travel to get to the Belles practices. Is the Philly Belles team now seen as a feeder/training program for Notre Dame Women's Basketball?

Those are impressive highlights. It is a long commute
by MPG  (2018-09-27 15:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from the suburbs of Buffalo to wherever the Belles practice.

Yes, what's going on?
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-09-27 16:09:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allison Campbell is coming from Altoona, PA, and Amari is coming from outside of Buffalo, NY. That makes no sense. I feel for the girls and their parents, and wonder who talked them into this. It's the same story everywhere: "You need to play with and against the best competition."

"You pay to play" has enveloped basketball. I'm not so sure it is necessary.

Cosgrove and Celeste Taylor Both Came From Long Island
by dillon77  (2018-09-27 18:30:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..to play for the Philly Belles, and getting from the Island to the Jersey Turnpike is no easy drive at any time.

You're not going to hear any argument from me on how AAU ball can place severe demands on resources --- time, energy and fiscal, to name a few.