With Horston Commiting to UTenn, UConn Down To 2 Prospects
by dillon77 (2018-10-04 08:59:49)
Edited on 2018-10-04 09:21:07

In reply to: So neither top level recruit is visiting UConn's 1st night?  posted by cbiebel

...that we know of in the Class of 2019 to join Aubrey Griffin. This a big year for them given that Geno will lose Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson after this season, a year after Azura Stevens, Gabby Williams and Kia Nurse graduated.

Of course, those two prospects are probably our top two remaining 2019 targets as well: Haley Jones and Aliyah Boston.

According to the recent ESPNw article on Boston, she'll make her college announcement at home in the Virgin Islands:

"The Worcester (H.S.) team will travel to St. Thomas Nov. 17-23. Boston plans to sign with her national letter of intent during her trip home. This year's early signing period for Division I college basketball is Nov. 14-21."

"Scoop" of The Boneyard pointed out that the UConn team will be in the Virgin Islands, as well, participating in the Paradise Jam, getting some heart beats aflutter prior to the Horston announcement. On one hand, that logic makes some sense, but I still have to think that Boston could've/should've made a commit to UConn awhile ago given how often she'd visited Storrs from her Worcester (stateside) home.

Jones will apparently save her last visit for Stanford, the hometown player in this recruiting battle. I could be wrong, but I think the chief competition for for Ms. Jones are, indeed, Coach Tara and the Tree/Cardinal. Stanford speaks for itself and Tara's one hell of a coach.

However, will continue to cross fingers and think good thoughts. Stay tuned.