It's Not a Situation They're Used To....
by dillon77 (2018-10-04 09:18:47)
Edited on 2018-10-04 09:21:44

In reply to: The Poor Rich  posted by BabaGhanouj

..after the Stewie years. Now...

- they've lost Stevens (a year early in their thinking), Wiliams and Nurse to the draft/graduation. Personally, I thought Williams and Nurse were the heart and soul of the recent teams, so it will be interesting to see who steps up on the "grit" front for UConn.

- And after spring 2019, they'll lose Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelsson.

- Yes, ND is losing 4 of 5 players, too, but we'll have Jackie back and I think MM and her staff will get our sophs and frosh ready to step up. Plus we've got Sam and Anaya coming (and maybe some more).

- After two losses in the semi's (granted, OT losses both), The Boneyard is not as confident a place. In fact, I feel as if it's gradually getting more populated by "the Huns" from other universities.
Geesh, the announcement about Horston going to Tennessee felt like a Vol/SE conference part on the Boneyard.

- So, the tension for Jones and Boston, particularly Boston, is palpable.

- As a fan, I think we've done great with Sam Brunelle and Anaya Peoples. If things don't go the way we planned with Jones and/or Boston, I have no doubt MM and Niele will go to a very strong approach in 2020, which started with Alli Campbell.

- Remember, MM thinks Mik will be just as good (if not better) than Bri and Shep when all is said and done. And Mik has four more years. If she even comes close to those two's level, we're waay good.

Replies: