That Championship Season
by BabaGhanouj (2018-10-05 12:48:30)
Edited on 2018-10-05 13:20:34

To get us ready for the new season while remembering the past one, I’m going to present each day (or until I run out of ideas) a question related to last year’s championship season. I’ll pose the question and then, immediately below, present the answer, often with explanation. So, if you prefer facts without games, just look beneath. If you like the game part of it, wait until you solidify an answer, give up, or cheat. Actually, all cheating is allowed. There are no rules, just, hopefully, entertainment.

The first question I felt was quite appropriate for the championship season.

Notre Dame had 3 players in the top 10 “minutes played” for all players of NCAA D1 women’s basketball for the 2017-18 season. All 3 players had over 1300 minutes. Who were they?

Great Idea. Thanks for Doing....
by dillon77  (2018-10-05 15:27:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...should get us going for the upcoming season.

As for this one, I'll go with the guards. One Lili went down with her injury, I can't recall Jackie, Arike and/or Marina rarely playing less than 30++++ minutes per game.

My guess without looking
by drmurray  (2018-10-05 13:39:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arike
Mabrey
Shepard

Great Idea.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-05 13:28:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My guesses: MM, AO and JY, all by necessity. Jess and Westbeld (and most bigs) had less playing time.

Answer
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-10-05 12:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jackie Young, 1309 minutes played
Arike Ogunbowale, 1308 minutes played
Marina Mabrey, 1305 minutes played

Interestingly, the top minute 'eater' was Tyra Buss of Indiana (with a crazy 1479), followed by Amanda Cahill, also of Indiana (1407), and Sabrina Ionescu of Oregon (1353).
Notre Dame and Oregon played 1 more game last season (38) than Indiana (37).

By the way, West Virginia had 3 in the top 12. Were they also hit by injuries?
Oh, and Indiana had 4 in the top 16! Injuries?
ND was the only team with 3 in the top ten, however.

Also amazing - Jackie played half that time with broken nose
by NDoggie78  (2018-10-05 15:42:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and facemask

Made sense logically...
by cbiebel  (2018-10-05 14:23:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you consider when the team went down to 7 players, the two backups were forwards, the 3 guards would be the ones getting subbed out least.