about her and her injury, rehab, and recovery. It also answers the question when she will be back. From the story, "It took an excruciatingly long nine months before I was finally cleared for contact."
Also, a shout out to Bailey Cartwright, soccer player, who set the high school national assist record her sophomore year with 51. She had 79 goals as a junior. Bailey missed her freshman year of soccer at Notre Dame due to injury. She is founder of the "Stronger Scars" program.
We got off to a poor start and she came in and rebounded very well on both sides of the court and scored on putbacks. I remember foolishly posting after that game that she was better than Shep. God punished me for that, clearly.
- Her father was captain and quarterback of the football team at Penn (He was interviewed during the broadcast of the Penn game last year). Could have a leadership gene.
When she transferred to Paul VI in high school for her senior year, she was named captain.
And a few from her bio:
- One of four kids, so she's gotta get along while also getting ahead
- Played lacrosse as a freshman. Tells me something about hand-eye coordination.
- She speaks French. Well! In fact, she won first place in the MCATFL French Oral Proficiency Contest in 2013. This will come in handy trash-talking the two French players on the Syracuse roster this year and when she and Kaitlin enter "Eurotalent" singing contests held in Paris.
- Speaking of -- and, as Baba noted -- she sang (albeit off-camera) at the ESPYs (along with Katilin Cole, another "wallflower"). I would've hit the kitchen.
I bet he goes full Irish, green head to toe.
..his wife made him root for the Irish when they were at Penn last year (in the Palestra, no less), so I imagine he'll be all in when visiting the Bend. Seemed like a real nice guy.
She averaged 8.0 ppg and 4.3 rpg and had a total of 7 blocks and 3 steals. For a freshman post player, that's a great start.
She played the equivalent of 2 full games (79 minutes).
Her per 40 minutes totals = 24-13 and 3.5 blocks
Even if you use the more common "per 36 minutes" she's at 22-12 (and, of course, 3.2 blocks).
and don't overlook the 4 assists, 14 offensive rebounds or 62% shooting percentage. To me, the assist total is outstanding for a freshmen Big playing fill in minutes and I love offensive rebounding.
reportedly, is the only one on the team who knows all the words to the alma mater.
and on offense, as though she had been playing here two seasons. She was careful with the ball and could frustrate ball handlers without fouling. Smooooooth.